1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PlayStation 1 games on Projected 80" screen..

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Frankeh, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering.. how does PlayStation 1 games look on a 80" screen projected by a Sanyo Z3 ? I heared PlayStation 1 games have a resolution of 320by 280 or something like that? So I guess the low amount of pixels will make it look like yuk?

I'm just wondering because I still have to finish some old PSX games BEFORE I buy myself a projector.. I cannot play those games on a regular TV anymore after my purchase.. so I was thinking: will old PlayStation 1 games look better on a normal tv compared to a Sanyo Z3 projected on a 80" screen, with a seat distance of 10 foot?

2. Mark_a

Mark_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +495
    You could always zoom back to the projector's smallest setting to reduce enlarging the inherent blockiness too much.

Regards

Mark

3. neil c

neil c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Unfortunately they should look pretty poor. If you really need to finish those games, hold off the Z3 purchase.

You say that you'll be seated at around 10 foot, and the image will be around 80" (you'll be sitting right next to the Z3, with the projector almost at it's full zoom). Thats a big image for the viewing distance, especially for a low quality signal such as the PS1.

I seriously recommend that you have at least one TV and not to rely solely on the Z3 for all your viewing purposes.

4. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll be watching TV on my pc (TV card) through the day and in the evening, when it's dark I watch my movies and play my games.. so I don't really need a TV

so... for 3d PSX games I better play them on my "old" TV instead of a brand new Sanyo Z3 because of the huge screen?