Playseat classic with a G25 solution

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by V1Paul, Jun 9, 2009.

1. V1Paul

V1Paul
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a playseat classic and a logitech g25 and I've had them for about a year now... I was wondering has anyone found a solution for getting the pedals to fit the pedal plate because mine has been taped on for the past year and I'm looking for a proper solution to it

2. madmurdock

madmurdock
    Remembered (1969 - 2011)

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +249
    What you using at the moment to fasten the pedals down.

3. V1Paul

V1Paul
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just using the Velcro that came with the steering wheel on the part of the steering wheel that touches the plate and I've got tape wrapped around the lower part and around the lower part of the plate where they do not touch.

4. madmurdock

madmurdock
    Remembered (1969 - 2011)

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +249
    I basically used as much double-sided velcro as possible. And it never moves at all. The only other option is to drill through the pedal stand and use something like a bolt or winged bolt to fasten them down.

5. lever.mark

lever.mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    i used some cardboard between the plate and the pedals to increase the platform available meaning the pedals touched all the way across.

I then taped the cardboard to the plate with some gaffa wrapped around, then attached some velcro to the carboard on top and the pedals fit perfectly and didnt move around.

For a long term solution you could fairly easily use a piece of wood and bolt through to the metal plate, and then attach the pedals to that somehow.

6. logig25

logig25
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its obvious that not EVERYBODY has the $250.00+ to purchase an awesome goodlooking Playseat Evolution. Of course many people have seen the nice sale on Amazon.com of the playseat classic at a rather amazing and affordable price. The problem though you can not fit the pedals right. The wheel fits right according to reviews and pictures, BUT the pedals wobble and that can't get aggrivating when playing...

There is a review from a buyer on amazon which explains how he cut out a piece of wood and came out rather cheap to do to make the Playseat CLASSIC compatible with the G25 Wheel and pedals. You can glue it down or drill it (drilling is much more reasonable for the reasons that it will be more stable and won't have to wait the 24 hrs of drying and of course... cleaner.) If I get the time I will post a video on youtube on how this can be done. My woodshop teacher will help me out with the procedure.

As of for the Gear Shift Holder...
    On amazon as well they sell a gear shift mount compatible with all Playseats. It cost $39.99 and if you are using the Logitech G25 you might want to consider that mount for a proper use of the serperate shift and more realistic feel.

7. madmurdock

madmurdock
    Remembered (1969 - 2011)

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +249
    I used a piece of 18mm mdf cut to the same size as the metal pedal plate on the Playseat Classic, and then drilled through that and the plate to bolt the pedals in place. I then made a stand bolted to the side of the seat with some 2x2 and mdf, the gear lever bolts to this perfectly. It's also at a better height imo than the stand that you can buy for the Playseat. All works fantastic. Link attached to original post with photos if that helps.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/gran...g-supreme-racing-cockpit-18.html#post10475325

8. logig25

logig25
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or that works too. What did you do for the gear shift holder? If you did not manage to do anything I can show great ideas from reviews of a guy who nailed a wood to a shelf bracket that was drilled to the side of the seat. Spent about $7 on that. I found out about this recently because before on the forum I recommended the 50 bucks shift holder (which is not bad). But let's see 50-7=43 dollars and more stable stand. That wins.

9. madmurdock

madmurdock
    Remembered (1969 - 2011)

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +249
    It's on the photos on the link. I made my own stand/bracket for the gear shift. It's bolted down as well so absolutely solid. Check the link below to see what I mean. :smashin:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/gran...g-supreme-racing-cockpit-18.html#post10475325

10. GTLyndon

GTLyndon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    An ideal solution would be to use screws somehow but I'm not sure of the specs of the playseat. I persuaded my brother (who knows how to weld) to make me a frame that I could attach my bucket seat to as well as a 5mm thick steel plate that I drilled into and screwed the pedals securely. Much better than my PS2 experience. No movement whatsoever.

11. madmurdock

madmurdock
    Remembered (1969 - 2011)

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +249
    The G25 pedals come with hard mount positions, enabling you to use 10mm bolts. That's how I secured mine to the frame. Absolutely solid. Unfortunately the DFGT and DFPro don't come with hard mounts so it's either double sided tape/velcro or make your own mounts.

12. bradleylarner

bradleylarner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do you know wher i can buy a logitech g25 racing wheel for under 150 pounds

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  13. bungieben

bungieben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
  14. Del Boy Smiffy

Del Boy Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +418
    That £400+ price is some mong trying to cash in on the fact that its OOS at play.

Im searching for a playseat atm and need it cheap, £234 is way too high for me.