• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Playon!HD - Help

stevos

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I copied all my MKV files from an external USB drive to the harddrive on the internal drive. 60 movies took 24 hours to copy!!!!

Anyhow the files were stored on the USB drive in seperate folders per movies with cover art etc in the folders (used a program called moviecentrehd or something like that to bulk get the movie info / artwork from imdb).

I am assuming i have missed a step that is required to link the cover art to the movies

I now notice i should have used YAMJ to sort the meta data.

Is there a way to use YAMJ to do this from the files on the internal drive accross my network or something, rather than having to spend another 24 hours recopying all the mkv files?

next010

Distinguished Member
There should be a built in samba server on AC Ryan players, I cant recall the exact menu settings layout but it is there somewhere.

Once you activate that you should see the player on the network and have access to the files/folders on the HDD.

You can use Thumbgen application too with AC Ryan without having to use YAMJ, there is forum dedicated to it.

stevos

Distinguished Member
How do i know if i have the 2.0 UI, it certainly doesn't look like the pictures of the UI 2.0

stevos

Distinguished Member
Got it working properly with 2.0 UI etc.

Really shame its so bleeding slow.

Nice little glimpse into a media centre but i think a full on HTPC is the only way to go. Any gloss it has is ruined when you hit the next button to scroll between movies and have to wait a few secs for it to refresh to next page.

ArneAC

Standard Member
The firmware is going to be finalized at the moment so it will be available soon. It will be faster and more stable than the beta.

greetings,

Holwill

Established Member
The firmware is going to be finalized at the moment so it will be available soon. It will be faster and more stable than the beta.

greetings,
Arne nice to see someone from ACRyan posting on here, seeing as the firmware is being finalised, can you confirm that you have now implemented a proper shortcut to files like the Mede8er Videowall for example?

Last edited:

ArneAC

Standard Member
Arne nice to see someone from ACRyan posting on here, seeing as the firmware is being finalised, can you confirm that you have now implemented a proper shortcut to files like the Mede8er Videowall for example?

Working on it but probably not gonna be in this next firmware upgrade.
There exist some workarounds if you're familiar with telnet for now.

br,

Holwill

Established Member
Yeah I know about the work around's, but they are not as convenient as using the hacked firmware of someone else, I shall continue using and trying to mod that further. But thanks for the heads up anyway's, have a good weekend.

stevos

Distinguished Member
Glad to hear the new firmware will be faster, because right now its pretty much unuseable. I would rather go pick up the disc and play it that way which kind of against the point of having a all in one setup.

stevos

Distinguished Member
I was stunned to discover that my v1 box suddenly supports DTS-HD MA with the latest beta software.

Really hoping that the next version is a bit faster and more stable.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom