Playing xbox games through a network drive so more than one xbox can access at 1 time

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by scalon, Sep 20, 2007.

1. scalon

scalon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello...

I was curious if anyone out there knew how to network (if possible) a directory of xbox games? I have a couple hundred gigs of direct rips saved in folders on a USB HD connected to my PC. I also have my xbox networked so I can watch movies and do other things through a network hub. That all works fine. Since that works... I was curious if there was a script out there or a way to run the xbox games from a networked drive so that multiple xboxes can access the same game over the network at the same time?

Can anyone help with this issue? Thanks so much in advance!
    :lease:

2. edent

edent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    DVD2XBox will copy a game that you own to your Xbox's HDD. http://dvd2xbox.xbox-scene.com/

You can then copy it to your network drive.

Just point the Program option in XBMC to the network drive and you should be able to run the xbe remotely.

MAke sure your network is fast enough, though.

3. Chunder

Chunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    The downside with doing this is that if you have any games with downloadable content, then you'll get problems accessing this from any other box.

There are quite a number of games where you can't share downloaded content or save games, profiles, etc. between different machines - very frustrating!

If you're just playing games that don't have stuff like this, then you should be OK...

4. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,304
    I thought that any game had to be played from the actual HD in the box . And that it would not work over a network . Or have I miss-understood

5. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    That's what I thought to..