Playing xbox games and pro evo 5

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Michaelknell, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Michaelknell

Michaelknell
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I went into GAME today and talked to the woman about the 360. According to her Konami may be making an xbox 360 version of PES5. I haven't seen this anywhere else, so have any of you?
    Also, speaking to her about old xbox games she claimed that contary to what the FAQ on this site says, I won't need the HDD installed to play them. Is she talking rubbish?

2. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
    yep absolute ******

PES - Next August
    Backwards Comp = Need For Hard Drive. its even on games website for gods sake.

3. Michaelknell

Michaelknell
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    That's what I thought. These people are supposed to know what they are talking about.

4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,232
    The key word in your original post was 'woman'!! :devil:

5. Craigy

Craigy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +875
    You asked someone in game? hehe.

A butcher would have known more

6. Michaelknell

Michaelknell
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Also, she said that according to her list Ghost recon 3 was a 'hot release title' meaning it will be available on release date. I'm sure I read that it's been delayed which annoyed me as it was my number 1 game for release.

7. brain_stew

brain_stew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Its delayed, honestly the last person who you should trust with 360 info is an employee of Game. It never ceases to amaze me the things these guys keep coming out with, its just unfair that some kid's going to buy a core and a couple of cheap Xbox games to go along with it, only to find out that they don't work.

8. ChrisAllenFiz

ChrisAllenFiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    No PES5 for the 360, but winning eleven has been annnouced for sometime next year I think, which should mean PES6

9. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    This is a prime reason why I never really go into shops these days. Go back 15 years when we had such delights as independent games retailers (in York anyway, I understand that this rare breed still exists elsewhere in the UK) and people knew their stuff! The internet wasn't around in a practical form and the only real source of info was magazines and shop staff (who were all mad gamers themselves!). Now that we have the "BIG" retailers like Game they just hire any kid that knows what a playstation looks like!

I actually made a rare venture into Game the other day to return my copy of PES5 and the assistant asked why I was bringing it back. Instead of saying that i'd actually had my bargain £14.99 HMV version delivered I told him that the online side was poor as I couldn't get a game (which was sort of true to an extent) and that I had Winning Eleven 9 on the PS2 which I was going to stick with. He then informed me that they were only just up to Winning Eleven 8 :eek: obviously thinking that he was clever and had somehow caught me out. I then proceeded to give him a history lesson (which was obviously needed) into the PES/WE franchise. You see, stuff like that should be basic knowledge for anyone who works in a games shop. Gaming should be their hobby and they should therefore want to learn about the gaming world.

Anyway rant over but at least this guy had actually heard of Winning Eleven so he was actually pretty well educated for a Game employee. The woman mentioned in this thread is just giving plain bad and misleading information and advice and if I told my mortgage customers such drivell then the FSA would have me out of the industry in a flash! Yes I know mortgages are much bigger purchases than games & consoles and i'm not wishing to draw direct parallels, more to highlight the principle here.

10. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,475
    You tell 'em Cas :lesson: I hope you made him take notes ;)

Anyways, a version of PES has been confirmed as due out on the 360 this time next year. Linky

11. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    Indeed Munkey! That'll be the last time he'll try to correct me on the Winning Eleven franchise :devil: !

Indeed a version is planned for the 360 Autumn next year, however this will be WE10/PES6 - can't see them just banging out another PES5 as they tend to do updates every year.

12. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    It's just a job, guys, and a crappy one at that. I worked there for 2 years, and while I knew what I was talking about, it was only because I had an interest. My shop was lucky because there were 3 or 4 guys who did have an interest. The remaining two only saw it as a job and left most of the selling to us.

That said, they shouldn't be giving out info without checking it. GAME do provide manuals of the products to their staff.

13. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    Yeah I know and that's the problem I guess. It's just become like getting a job in any other big store (be it M&S, Next, Tesco, HMV etc.) and as the pay is generally poor the role just attracts school leavers who are just desparate for anything for some beer money. Back when we had an indi games store (Yorcom and before that Spectrum), the manager and his too main staff (who also had shares in the business I think) obviously started the business as they loved games. They had all of the computers (ST, Amiga, Megadrive, PC etc.) of the time out and would allow you to try any game before you bought. Infact me & a mate went in every Saturday and as we were pretty good customers (buying a fair few imported MD games) they let us try pretty much what we wanted. They also had a fine selction of arcade machines at the back and really this was how a games show should be.

Game & Gamestation are just faceless organisations now and I guess that's the price we pay for gaming being a mass market media now.