Playing Xbox 360 on a laptop

A

Anti-Hero

Hello,

I recently got a laptop with a tv tuner and winows media center, I was able to watch tv through my laptop but have not yet been able to figure out how to play xbox 360 through it. I understand that the picture quality would be rather poor, but im going to university and just dont have the cash to buy a tv at the moment. Any help is appreciated.

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Hi, you can't play XBOX 360 games on a laptop I'm afraid, you'll need to spend some cash on a TV.

Welcome to the madhouse though! :devil:

The_Wierd

I assume you want to just get the display of the Xbox 360 up on the laptop screen.

In this case you should look and see if the laptop has an 'AV-in' socket close to the connection for the TV ariel.

If it doesn't you will not be able to do it without extra hardware. If the TV tuner is an analogue one, then you could use a TV modulator box to connect one, but of course this will cost you money.

If the tuner is a DVB digital one, then there is no way to do it.

A quck google showed you can get a 14-inch tv-dvd combo for 55 pounds from e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130012569334

That's only the price of a Xbox 360 game!

A

Anti-Hero

Thanks for the reply's guys. I guess I will go get a lcd monitor, but what exactly am I looking for in one?

Pebb

Distinguished Member
I think it's a waste displaying the 360, through an laptop monitor, if I was you I would start to save up for a nice HDTV.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member

yinujim

Anti-Hero said:
Thanks for the reply's guys. I guess I will go get a lcd monitor, but what exactly am I looking for in one?

The one I showed you is a prime example.

you be looking for 8ms responce time or less for gaming

at least 1280×1024 or 1280×768 (widescreen) resolution for HD
All you need get to connect your 360 to the pc moniter is a vga hd av cable.

the one I showed you has all the requirements and is the cheapest.

But the Indiana Jones showed you is worth

A

Anti-Hero

TVR_Fan said:
I think it's a waste displaying the 360, through an laptop monitor, if I was you I would start to save up for a nice HDTV.

Unfortunatly my 47' HDTV probably wont fit in my dorm at university next year (In fact I think the TV is bigger than my dorm hehe). Again thanks for the info guys, I'll start my search for a LCD moniter soon!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom