Playing wma discs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bob1, Apr 22, 2004.

1. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    I'm after a cheap (£50 inc delivery) dvd player for playing wma discs ,i've been looking for a while and can't find anything .
    Thanks for looking Bob1.

2. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    :lease:

3. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    AMW P80L? I know it plays WMA files but not sure how extensive its compatibility is with these files is. I'm assuming they vary in bitrate like mp3s.

http://www.whatvideotv.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=3753

Its possible the Orbit player in maplins sale for £39.99 will also play them as thats basically the same as the P80L in an uglier case.

4. Phydeaux

Phydeaux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Bob

The DVD S35's are back on ebay at £36.50 + £11 delivery + vat, which makes them about £56 if you want one, although I think they're refurbs. I have an S35 and it definitely handles WMA and MP3. The company behind them (Mikrolive) sell on Amazon too, which is where I bought mine from. Came in good time, is in excellent condition and is MR.

Phil

5. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    Seems a nice price for a SE35 but is that actually sold as new or secondhand. Do you get a year's guarantee on it? Whatever I'm not knocking it, excellent players with an excellent picture.

6. Phydeaux

Phydeaux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's a guarantee mentioned but I can't remember exactly what it is. Agree about the quality - have one myself!

Phil

7. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    Hello and thanks for the replies, after a bit of messing around with a few mp3 discs I have found that it will be to hard to navigate them because the player will not be connected to a display:clown: . The idea was to have a few albums on one disc so cut down on the disc swapping. To cut a long story short I have bought a cheap dvd player of ebay to use as a CD player:blush: (not a lot of silver CD players about). I will probably upgrade to a real CD player later in the year.;)