• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Playing videos from Laptop through Sony 32ex403

emptage

Established Member
I want to play some videos on my laptop through my sony 32ex403. My laptop does not have a HDMI connection. How ca I do this ?

emptage

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. What do u you mean by a usb device. The films are on a portble hard drive, can i connect that to the tv ?

emptage

Established Member
OK I have connected the laptop to the tv via a vga cable. Unfortunately the picture on the tv is small How do I get it to fill the whole screen ?

QBSBuck

Prominent Member
Just change your pictures aspect via the tv remote. I do this all the time from a Dell laptop to a 42 inch Plasma. The VGA has a resolution limitation so you cannot make it bigger via the laptop.

flippence

Established Member
Transfer to a USB device and play directly on TV (subject to format ).
If you have Broadband at home setup DLNA.

You can connect to a USB portable drive ( check power if not run with external P/S ), provided the drive is formatted in FAT32.
A link here gives some information. Sony: How to play MPG files on Sony Bravia - solution!
Manual will tell you files supported. Or you could use a 8gb Fat32 USB Memory stick
As another poster has said you could connect with a Server on PC wirelessly through router ( DLNA). Although I never could only with ethernet.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom