• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Playing video files from PC to Xbox 360.

Bill Hicks

Banned
I have my Xbox 360 connected to my PC via ethernet cable and with this connection i can listen to music & view my photos from my PC's hard drive on my LCD TV via my 360, but i cannot watch any of my downloaded video (WMV-AVI) files the same way. I know about TVersity and i have it on my PC at present, but i can't get it to work at all (I've tried everything with no success!) Is there a software download that will allow me to view my video files on my Xbox360 via windows media connect? I heard that there is a program that will allow me to do this, but i can't seem to find any info regarding this software! Any help would be very much appreciated.
Adios amigos :)

Bill Hicks

Banned
Thanks for the reply but I've had enough of Tversity and I'm now trying alternative systems to use. I've just installed Orb media sharing on my PC. It works fine but i can't play AVI files on my Xbox360! Is there a codec pack that i can download that will allow me to do this?
Cheers..

bubs999

Prominent Member
Thanks for the reply but I've had enough of Tversity and I'm now trying alternative systems to use. I've just installed Orb media sharing on my PC. It works fine but i can't play AVI files on my Xbox360! Is there a codec pack that i can download that will allow me to do this?
Cheers..

Can you play the files on your PC normally? If you can then it shouldn't be a codec. When I couldn't get Tversity to work, I had to download something called FFD Show (I think thats what it was called).

Do you get any errors? what actually happens?

Bill Hicks

Banned
No i don't get any errors on screen, when i try to play a AVI file on my 360 the file comes up under my videos (media streaming from computer) but when i press the A button to play them it doesn't run! There is no error message..

Blackbolt360

Prominent Member
The Zune Software is free and you don't need a zune. Its built on the WMP11 core engine but is a different software. It has similar functions to WMP11, like music library, video library and cd burning. The most important feature is Zune Software allows the sharing of .mov and .mp4 files to Xbox 360s, infact it specifically has options dedicated to Xbox 360 sharing and when you search on the 360 for computers, it shows up as Zune Software with the Zune logo. Plus the zune sharing service uses alot less resources than WMP11 media sharing.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom