Playing TrueHD on Non EARC AVR?

Gackt

Novice Member
Hi!

So I have x1400h that support both DD+ and Dolby TrueHD and my TV is Samsung Q70r (ARC).

From what I understand, Netflix and other streaming use DD+, something that both my AVR and TV could handle with ARC. So no problem there.

Now let say I want to buy Bluray 4K player, and of course 4K UHD movies, wouldn't the data so big (Image + TrueHD) that the HDMI 2.0 wouldn't able handle it? Denon x1400H only have HDMI2.0. So in what way I could feed TrueHD content to my x1400H?

Thanks

SeanBrothers

HDMI 2.0 is perfectly capable of handling UHD (4k) + HDR video wIth Dolby True HD, Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD, or DTS: X along side, but the 4k player must be connected directly to the receiver rather than the TV.

eARC on both the TV and receiver would allow you to connect the 4k player to the TV and pass those audio formats not supported by ARC to the receiver.

You only need HDMI 2.1 bandwidth for high frame rate 4k (> 60 fps), or 8k signals..

Gackt

Novice Member
HDMI 2.0 is perfectly capable of handling UHD (4k) + HDR video wIth Dolby True HD, Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD, or DTS: X along side, but the 4k player must be connected directly to the receiver rather than the TV.

eARC on both the TV and receiver would allow you to connect the 4k player to the TV and pass those audio formats not supported by ARC to the receiver.

You only need HDMI 2.1 bandwidth for high frame rate 4k (> 60 fps), or 8k signals..
Ah got it! Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom