Playing SD material via an upscaling HDMI DVD player

M

Majid Khan

I would appreciate if someone can kindly answer my question..

I want to know, if I were to purchase one of these new HDMI Dvd players which output at 1080i (or 720p) and if I recorded a programme using my Recordable DVD recorder , eg. Eastenders onto DVD, and then played it back via the HDMI (1080i) output --- will there be a noticeable difference in picture quality compared to just playing it back on my normal DVD recorder/player ??

Majid Khan said:
will there be a noticeable difference in picture quality compared to just playing it back on my normal DVD recorder/player ??

Probably not. The thought or Eastenders in HiDef (or SD for that matter) gives me the shivers anyway...PJ :D

It depends if the player's deinterlacer/scaler circuitry is better than the TV's own (which may or may not be the case). If they're about the same you won't see a difference.

Regards

Mark

Majid Khan said:
I would appreciate if someone can kindly answer my question..

I want to know, if I were to purchase one of these new HDMI Dvd players which output at 1080i (or 720p) and if I recorded a programme using my Recordable DVD recorder , eg. Eastenders onto DVD, and then played it back via the HDMI (1080i) output --- will there be a noticeable difference in picture quality compared to just playing it back on my normal DVD recorder/player ??
:rolleyes: Eastenders on DVD Mmmmmm your equipment could well go on strike if you feed it miserable garbage like that.Feed it some sunshine instead like a party political broadcast :devil:

I thought DVD players with HDMI were limited to 480p/576p output
under the DRM rules.

pjclark1 said:
I thought DVD players with HDMI were limited to 480p/576p output
under the DRM rules.

No some players upscale above that, with and without HDCP...PJ

Not everyone follows the rules!!

my 3910 upscales to 1080i if i remember correct......

and yes, you should be shot for the thought of Eastenders in Hi-Def...lol

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom