1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing region 1 dvds

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by doncorleone, May 27, 2003.

1. doncorleone

doncorleone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, im planning on modifying my Sony DVP NS 300 player to multi region, but im just checking whether my tv will be able to manage it

My television is a Panasonic Tx - 21v1

Its about 5 or so years old, is there anything i need to change in the set up or something?

Ta guys :cool:

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    your tv should be ok for reg 1 but its almost sure to have the MOIRE effect with it being panny. You get stripe down the side of the screen. All of my past 3 panny had this.

hth
    shaun

3. doncorleone

doncorleone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what like a huge stripe or something fairly small? is it as annoying as it sounds?!

4. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On mine it was down each side of the screen. from the edge and about 8 inches in. It was lots of horozontal stripes runiing the down the edge of the screen. only visible on certain scenes. You can see them all the time on b/w films. If you are not a fanatic about picture qaulity then its not gonna bother you but once you see it you cant seem to take your eye of it. Thats why mine had to go

shaun:thumbsdow