scottvf

Anybody know if I play a ps4 game on my ps5 that has a ps5 version out, will it get the frame rate benefits of being played on a ps5? (don't care about 4k since I only have a 1080p TV). I perfer the ps4 controllers and when I tried to play a ps5 game it won't start saying it doesn't support the ps4 controller. So I deleted it and downloaded the ps4 version and would like to know will I still get the higher frame rates? (my tv only supports 60fps).

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member
Anybody know if I play a ps4 game on my ps5 that has a ps5 version out, will it get the frame rate benefits of being played on a ps5? (don't care about 4k since I only have a 1080p TV). I perfer the ps4 controllers and when I tried to play a ps5 game it won't start saying it doesn't support the ps4 controller. So I deleted it and downloaded the ps4 version and would like to know will I still get the higher frame rates? (my tv only supports 60fps).
Only if the game has an unlocked frame rate.
Some PS4 games have had updates to enable better performance, but not all.
Load times will be better regardless, but if a game is programmed to be capped at 30fps, then the best you will get is a locked and solid 30fps.

Jimster71

Distinguished Member

The PS5 will run PS4 games as if they are running on a PS4 Pro. You might get a slightly more solid performance if the game supports an unlocked frame rate or a 60fps mode.

You will lose out on other graphical effects that the PS5 version might have as well as any haptic feedback through the DualSense.

Even with a 1080p TV the console will still be outputting up to 4K and just rescaling it for your display.

scottvf

The PS5 will run PS4 games as if they are running on a PS4 Pro. You might get a slightly more solid performance if the game supports an unlocked frame rate or a 60fps mode.

You will lose out on other graphical effects that the PS5 version might have as well as any haptic feedback through the DualSense.

Even with a 1080p TV the console will still be outputting up to 4K and just rescaling it for your display.
The haptic feedback won't be any different with ps5 controller vs ps4 since I turn all feedback off in ps4 and ps5 settings. I hate any feedback on my controllers. I even take out the motors as to make the controllers lighter.
I mostly play games on PC except for games that don't support controllers on pc (I play with controller on couch) and Multiplayer games like cod and battlefield since they don't have as many players online like playstation does and have more hackers cheating on pc.

Last edited:

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
The haptic feedback won't be any different with ps5 controller vs ps4 since I turn all feedback off in ps4 and ps5 settings. I hate any feedback on my controllers. I even take out the motors as to make the controllers lighter.
I mostly play games on PC except for games that don't support controllers on pc (I play with controller on couch) and Multiplayer games like cod and battlefield since they don't have as many players online like playstation does and have more hackers cheating on pc.

Fair enough. The PS5 controller feedback is a lot better than you find in Dualshock and Xbox controllers though.

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member
Fair enough. The PS5 controller feedback is a lot better than you find in Dualshock and Xbox controllers though.
Not if you take the motors out :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom