Dismiss Notice
We're migrating the forum software to the next major version and this will require the site to be down for the best part of Monday 16th.
More details here. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Playing old games on a 50 inch samsung

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Strideristhebes, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Strideristhebes

Strideristhebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Playstation, Sega Saturn and N64 and all three consoles don't run properly. The easiest way to describe it is that there seems to be missing frames and as a result everything is really jerky. Funnily enough, I have a chipped Xbox and the PSX games on that run perfectly. Does anyone have any idea as to what is causing the problem?

2. leeboy2k3

leeboy2k3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I only had this prob using interlaced inputs i.e. rgb scart composite s-video etc are you using the hidef pack for your xbox to enable ntsc prog scan via the enigmah video switcher? if not then I wouldnt bother
    p.s. n64 best solution unfortunately= emulator via xbox or pc, xbox hd component leads+ ntsc enigmah soft mod= progressive scan :thumbsup: ps2 component will enable some and I mean only some games to enable prog scan if you have set your ps2 menu to yrbpcr.
    finally I have the same sammy and I can only think it is caused by a)the tvs deinterlacer or the tvs 2:35 pulldown anybody care to add?

3. DLPhopefull

DLPhopefull
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

I have been getting the simular problems with on demand music videos on homechoice. (Samsung SP50) It improved when I outputted in S-Vid through the Scart, but I still get about 25% of videos jumping around the screen. Strange because the vast majority of other material is OK. No problems with HiDef Xbox and Sky.