1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing Mpgs`s on a pioneer 575? problem?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by wassap, Jul 4, 2005.

1. wassap

wassap
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Right got an pioneer 575 not long back, just wondering do these playback MPG`S OK? reason why i ask is that on my mates yamada he can rename a .BIN file to mpg and play it in his player, if i do the same, i get a picture but no sound?Now doi have a knackered unit or is it a problem with this type of player.Now if its not a problem, what settings do i need, im actually running a different firmware now too, and sound is going out thro the digital/coax out.

Divx and dvd are all fine and dandy.

Cheers all!

2. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    BIN file is part of a BIN/Cue file cd image format.

Normally in e.g Nero you tell it to open a disc image, select the cue file and it will automatically pickup the bin file. Burn...then when you look at the cd in windows or whatever you won't see the bin/cue on the cd but the files that were inside the image file.

Or if u don't have the cue file... Get ISObuster (google for it, its free). Open the Bin file and extract the mpg. Burn the mpeg to CD and play on the 575.

3. wassap

wassap
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I do know that, but in my mates yamada, a .bin renamed to mpg plays fine, but for some reason in my pioneer i just get video and no sound.

4. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    ic....well that might be a feature of the Yamada but not the Pioneer. It wouldn't suggest to me that your 575 is 'knackered' unless even when you burn the bin/cue the normal way you still get no sound ? I can't say I've tried just renaming the bin to mpg to see what happens, I'd just burn the image file using Nero.

5. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,184
    Are you renaming the same file? as once extracted it might be structured differently meaning you cant just rename it but even if the Pioneer cant handle the renamed file it doesnt take 5 mins to extract the .mpg file from the bin/cue files and it should then play fine.

6. Chrper

Chrper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Bin - Cue file are associated with SVCD format of video( normally) and are in a non dvd format, ie 480 x 576 as opposed to 720x 576. it may just be that the Pioneer ( which I have and find brilliant) will not accept MPG2 files outside the DVD format. maybe worth checking if the player will support SVCD in which case just burn the bin/cue files to a CD using nero( make it a decent quality disk) and watch it that way.

ANy problems with format etc always worth looking at the following link for brilliant how guides for format conversion and burning.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

i should be around tomorrow, if you are having any problems with the above.

regards

chris

7. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Bin and Cue are just cdrwin file formats. It can be anything...music, apps, movies...not always SVCD by a long long shot.

8. Chrper

Chrper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    well yes !!!!
    they can be other than video, however ( maybe I was taking a liberty accepting that they were in fact video), if they are video they are mostly ( not always, in deference to NX3) SVCD which having just checked will play on the 575. So use the link I posted previously and burn them onto a CD and they should play quite happily( maybe try a CDRW first so you dont waste a CDR).
    However note that if they are SVCD they are at a lower bitratre than DVD and thus the PQ will not be anywhere in the same league!!!
    There are ways to improve this and again they are catered for on the Afterdawn website.

Hope this helps and sorry If I caused confusion

Chris

9. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Sorry just saying, not flaming. I've found the 470/575 does VCD, SVCD, KVCD and anything vaguely near those fine !! which is very nice :) In summary we all agree, burn the bin/cue normally and they will work unless the source is screwed up anyway. Or extact the mpg and do it that....either works fine.

10. Chrper

Chrper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    No Probs, i was a bit vague and making assumptions!!

Cheers

Chris