Playing MP3s through stereo amplifier

Westindieman

Any suggestions to playing such audio files through the hi-fi. I connected the laptop via the headphone socket to phono plugs Aux in but the sound was horrible. I have considered buying a receiver which has USB connection but they are all dolby 5.1 or 7.1 and I dont want to buy more speakers. Ideally I would buy an integrated stereo amp which has USB inputs or HDMI at reasonable costs but I cant see any.

Thanks

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
How about a Stereo amp that has Computer Networking built-in. That way the computer doesn't have to be physically connected to the Stereo, plus you get Internet Radio, and Optical and Coaxial connections.

YAMAHA RN500 NETWORKED RECEIVER - Superfi

ONKYO TX8050 NETWORKED RECEIVER - Superfi

These may also have USB-media inputs but they are meant for iPod, Smart Devices, and USB Thumb Drive connections, not direct connect to a computer.

Or, depending on what you have now, you could simply add a Network Streaming Device -

DENON DNP720AE WIRELESS NETWORKED AUDIO PLAYER - Superfi

Cambridge Audio SONATA NP30 Silver | Network Music Player | Richer Sounds

PIONEER N30 NETWORKED AUDIO PLAYER WITH INTERNET RADIO - Superfi

Or as an alternative to that, you could add a DAC that has a USB-PC connection -

Cambridge Audio DACMAGIC XS | USB DAC/Headphone Amp | Richer Sounds

Audioquest DRAGONFLY V1.2 | USB DAC/Headphone Amp | Richer Sounds

Cambridge Audio DACMAGIC 100 Black | DAC | Richer Sounds

Steve/bluewizard

Westindieman

Great shout that, thanks Blue. I did wonder about network players and need to demo how the interface works and how fast. Can anyone advise the ease of picking through your files with them?

Westindieman

Now purchased the Denon720AE, thanks again mate. Wished I had done this ages ago.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom