1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing MP3 player in-car

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by sdavidsonuk, Aug 31, 2005.

1. sdavidsonuk

sdavidsonuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Hi

I have a 20GB Creative Zen Touch MP3 player and wanted to know if I can play it in my new car. I've spent a great deal of time loading over 300 of my favourite albums onto the player.

I collect the new car tomorrow (Seat Ibiza Sport) and initialled turned down the additional extra of an in-car MP3 playing stereo as I though I could buy something that would allow my Creative to plug into the standard stereo unit.

Does anyone know if this is possible and how best to do this?

I'm thinking there may be something similar to the old CD leads you used to get which allowed you to play your portable CD player in your car's cassette player.

Any help much appreciated.

2. iangilroy

iangilroy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the stereo has an auxiliary input (very occasionally on the front but normally on the back) then you can use that. Otherwise you're back to an old-fashioned tape adaptor or one of the illegal-in-this-country FM transmitter products.

A few months ago I changed my stereo for a new JVC head unit, at least partly to get an AUX input on the fascia.

3. sdavidsonuk

sdavidsonuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Thanks Ian, I'll check the stereo spec when I get home.
    Cheers

4. BaggieBoy

BaggieBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The other possibillity is an (not illegal) inline aerial FM modulator. However my experience with one wasn't great, I amlost completely lost the AM band.