• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

playing hidef divx files

Avo_aj

Standard Member
hi was just wondering how i can play the highdef divx files, i know your standard stand-alone divx players cant play files that have a resolution wider than 700 was just wondering if there were any that can?

Cheers Avo

madgames

Most of the high def divx files are x264 for,mat which means youll need a media player capable of playing x264 or a media center pc which the right codecs installed.
A quick search should reveal more info

A

andyandellen

Get a DivX Ultra Philips DVD player it has 1080p upscale and plays all 1080i divX files you can get them at Argos it's a DVP9560 philips DVD/DivX player for £59.99 its mint you can even put avi files onto a USB stick and put it into the USB slot on the front of the DVD player, it has a HDMI output on the rear for full HD TV quality.

Hope that helps

Andy

Rich Marshall

Get a DivX Ultra Philips DVD player it has 1080p upscale and plays all 1080i divX files you can get them at Argos it's a DVP9560 philips DVD/DivX player for £59.99 its mint you can even put avi files onto a USB stick and put it into the USB slot on the front of the DVD player, it has a HDMI output on the rear for full HD TV quality.

Hope that helps

Andy

I don't think it can playback x264 HD DivX files, it just upscales normal DivX to 1080.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom