• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

playing HD xvid???

fluff34567

Established Member
hi,

not sure if this is the correct forum but its maybe the best fitting one??

anyway..... I was wondering if it is possible to get any sort of picture quality increase if you play a HD xvid file onto a plasma scren via a normal ( non upscaling) dvd player in my case a yam s-557?

Or am i correct in suspecting you either need an upscaling player or to play it thru a media centre pc to get the benefit?

thanks!

jcw1407

Standard Member
You're right - and not only do you need an upscaling DVD player you need one that supports Ultra DivX, to take advantage of the HD, this page has a fullish list. I've got the Philips DVP5960, and it's great.

You could also get a Media Center PC, or do as I do and stream the video from a normal PC to an XBox 360 (although you'll need to transcode to WMV format to do this)

Smurkenstein

Established Member
That link doesn't seem to work...I had to go to the DIVX website and drill down to find the page....

Is there much ultra content available?

ahh posted at the same time...plz ignore

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom