• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Playing GTA 4 on iMac through projector with bootcamp

Pricey05

Today was the first time I hooked up my old Toshiba projector when using XP through bootcamp on my 20" 2.4ghz Imac. Then it dawned on me, the fact that I could use it with games such as GTA 4 (running on Steam of course).

BUT theres no way when running GTA 4 to use the projector as a primary display nor is there any options to get the game running in a window to then bring it across to the projector's screen space.

Is there a trick to do this? The projector is just connected through the minidisplay-VGA adaptor and is recognised ok by XP and can run as an 'extended desktop'.

Any ideas or is this a dead end situation?

Cheers

Sam

Pricey05

Well the tick box was greyed out so perhaps my GFX card can't support the mirroring? I don't know??!!

The projector was running on 1024 x 768 i think and I set the display at 800 x 600. But mirroring GTA 4 on both displays would be too much on the GFX card and the game would be unplayable?

Sam

Sy1441

Well the tick box was greyed out so perhaps my GFX card can't support the mirroring? I don't know??!!

The projector was running on 1024 x 768 i think and I set the display at 800 x 600. But mirroring GTA 4 on both displays would be too much on the GFX card and the game would be unplayable?

Sam

Think you've answered your question for yourself.

Pricey05

Okay, I just thought there was an inkling of hope here!

Like for instance in OS X when using DVD player (i know its not the same) I can just drag the player window into the projectors screen space and make it full screen, the Mac display then goes black and its almost too perfect. I can just watch the film through the projector.

Is there no way in hell of doing anything like this in XP with a game?

Sam

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom