Playing DVD's in multiple rooms from one device

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by blawford, Jan 13, 2008.

1. blawford

blawford
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    We have a system in place that was set up by the previous owners that allows sky to to be transmitted to any room in the house via using the standard aerial sockets and tuning each tv as you would do normally.

I am not sure exactly how the system works but am wondering if there is any way do the same with a DVD type device (DVD Recorder etc).

The problem that I think I will come up against will be the copyright protection in place to stop people recording DVD's onto video tapes, is there any way in getting round this so that I get a proper picture in other rooms?

Any help would be welcome, but I'm not interested in any wireless type video transmitters, only using the existing cabling in the house.

Thanks.

2. 101music

101music

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    You could use a video to UHF modulator for around £40 to send the DVD A/V around the aerial system as an extra channel, this has worked for us in the past. I haven't seen many Macroprotection problems.

3. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    If you partner the modulator with a TV Link Plus from Global then you can use your Sky Eye to pass IR signals back to the DVD player.

V.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    That'll all work, but don't expect the world in picture quality, and sound will be mono, like sky is. However, it's cheap and it works, so don't think I'm knocking it, just managing expectations.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Its been a while since i considered modulation a distribution option but something tells me there is a potential macrovision issue unless the player has been disabled?

Like i say its been a while but it does stick in my head there may be an issue there somewhere