Playing DVD -RW from PC on JVC DR-MX1S

ecnirp

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have a JVC DR-MX1S DVD/Video/HD recorder, I am very happy with the device, but have a technical problem.

I have some DVD movies on my PC computer, I would like to write them onto a DVD –RW rewritable DVD disk and play them on my JVC DR-MX1S for better viewing on a large TV screen rather than a PC monitor, but I do not wish to write this to a non re-writable disk as I only want to watch them once.

When I format the DVD –RW on my PC DVD writer (Pioneer 106D) , write the files, then finalise (make compatible) the DVD, the JVC DR-MX1S will not read them, when I format the DVD –RW on the JVC DR-MX1S, my PC will not write to the DVD –RW due to the unknown format.

Could you please tell me if there is a way to write on my PC DVD R/W to DVD –RW and play on the JVC DR-MX1S, so I can watch on the TV, then re-format the DVD -RW to re-use.

Thanx for any help.

When you format on the DR-MX1, are you using VR or Video mode? If you format in Video mode, most PCs should be able to read the disk.

Hi

I'm formatting in Video Mode (tried VR mode also), I have no problems reading DVD's on the PC written by the JVC DR-MX1S, what I am trying to do is write a DVD file (VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folders) from my PC hard disk onto a DVD -RW, so I can watch the DVD on my home cinema Plasma using the JVC DR-MX1S, then when I've watched it, re-format the DVD -RW so it can be recorded on again in the JVC DR-MX1S.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom