Playing DTS-HD , ATMOS , DD+ , DTSX files on Denon X1500h

Ash90

Novice Member
Hello Guys ,
Im new to my AVR x1500h denon . i have many movies with DTS-HD Master .Mp4 , DD+ .mkv , ATMOS.mkv files .. how do we play them ... they are all on External HDD , so which will be a better option since AVR accepts only MP3 and FLAC files on usb port ...
I thought of getting SONY bluray player but still not sure that they support formats of ATMOS files from HDD in their USB port ... kindly suggest ..
thanks in advance .

dante01

Distinguished Member
AV receivers do not facilitate playing multichannel formatted audio via their USB inputs or using the networking abilities. You are limited to 2 channel stereo audio formats if using the AV receiver's own integral audio media player. Neither will an AV receiver play MKV containers or video files using its own integral media player.

Last edited:

dante01

Distinguished Member
thanks .. seems like i need a media player ... does bluray player play those files via usb??

Most BD players don't allow you to play Multichannel HD formatted audio via their integrated nedia players.

A standalone dedicated media player is your best bet unless you've a large budget and willing to buy one of the more expensive higher tier BD players. Not even all of these will do as you want.

Ash90

Novice Member
AV receivers do not facilitate playing multichannel formatted audio via their USB inputs or using the networking abilities. You are limited to 2 channel stereo audio formats if using the AV receiver's own integral audio media player. Neither will an AV receiver play MKV containers or video files using its own integral media plater.
Yeah correct

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom