Playing CDR's on DVD Player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by griff57, Mar 12, 2002.

1. griff57

griff57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I own a Grundig GDV210A DVD Player.

Apparently, it seems it is relunctant to play CDR media, so I am wondering if anybody out there knows whether or not it is possible to convert it to do so.

Help Please.

Thanks

2. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +463
    Sorry,but i think you are out of luck here.Most of the newer DVD players are designed to be CDR/RW compatible,its to do with how the laser focuses on the disc.It can be a useful thing to have but if yours doesnt do it then i dont think it ever will.

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently Princo CDR's are the only ones that will work on Sony 700 series DVD's so they may be worth a go. My 735 won't play CDR's but will play any CDRW, bit more expensive but getting cheaper now and you can always re-record when you get bored.

S

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    CD-R/W requires compatible hardware, so no upgrades here. You can however as suggested try CD-RW media.

5. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    A new type of CD-R dye which is a light green is coming onto the market soon! It has the following advantages

- 20 Times Longer Life than a normal CD-R in which the quality of the burn stays the same as the day it was written!
    - Compatible with "ALL" CD-ROM Drives and DVD Players
    - High Burn Speeds

I've heard this on many CD-R dedicated sites. I'm not sure how much the discs are going to be but i'm looking forward to seeing them.

I'll let you know if i find more!