Playing blu ray on ps5

youss88

Novice Member
Reaction score
So I bought my ps5 also to play blu ray movies

Now I have a 100gb uhd blu ray, already called PlayStation they say format the console

Does anyone else also have this problem? And how did you fix it

So I bought my ps5 also to play blu ray movies

Now I have a 100gb uhd blu ray, already called PlayStation they say format the console

Does anyone else also have this problem? And how did you fix it
This forum is for discs mate, you'll have much more luck in the ps5 forum, but I'm not even sure what your issue is, are you saying your ps5 won't play your disc?

Ah is there any way to move this topic?
Yes the ps5 won’t recognize the blu ray

A burned disc?

The PS5 doesn’t play burned discs (point 2)

The PS5 does play burned blu rays. I have burned multiple blu rays and it plays mine.

When the PS5 first came out I did have an issue with it reconigising blu rays. I think it only happened the first time I tried, and I think I read somewhere that you need an active internet connection the first time you play a blu ray. After I checked my internet connection and rebooted the console it's worked fine ever since.

The PS5 does play burned blu rays. I have burned multiple blu rays and it plays mine.

When the PS5 first came out I did have an issue with it reconigising blu rays. I think it only happened the first time I tried, and I think I read somewhere that you need an active internet connection the first time you play a blu ray. After I checked my internet connection and rebooted the console it's worked fine ever since.
Did you burn MP4 files into a Blu-Ray B-DR, and it played?? I have been trying to figure this out for months now... Also, it won't play even with an active internet connection.

Sorry, only just seen this. I used DVD Fab Blu Ray Creator to burn MP4's onto a BD disc using a Blu Ray burner. Works fine on the PS5. Watched one just the other day.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom