Playing Batman in 3D

Brooktop

I've just bought a Panasonic Active 3D set.

In Batman Arkham City I've activated the 3d from within the game but am very disappointed and I think there's something not right. There's virtually no 3D 'pop', any dialogue at the bottom of the screen is blurry and distant scenery isn't sharp.

The only 3D option I get in the game is 'In...' or something (sorry can't remember what it was called but I've never heard of it).

Is there something I'm missing eg activation within the PS3 XMB menu?

GTeng

When you set the tv up did you just plug the ps3's hdmi in? If so, run the video settings setup on the ps3 again, it should say your tv supports 3d and ask you for the size, that should sort it out.

Barry_

Also there are two types of 3D - one is the pop out of screen stuff and the other is more depth instead. Not sure how good the 3D is on batman - i mean i can select it without having a 3D display and it just looks to add second picture - usually trying to select 3D its says you ain't got a 3D display or the option is greyed out.

As per GTeng said - run the display settings again and i believe you need to select Auto.

Brooktop

Thanks guys. I've had my HDMI cable for over a year. Have read some reports saying not all cables support 1.4. Could that be an issue?

Edit: Looking at this thread, it isn't an issue.

Has anyone else played Batman in 3d? Does it 'pop'out (sorry if that's clusy phraseology)

Last edited:

GTeng

I'm sure I read something about the 1.4 cables were mainly for HD audio that the ps3 cant support anyway? May be wrong though. I forgot batman was in 3d and I've completed it but will put it on tomorrow while im off work and let you know. Did you try running the video setting again?

Brooktop

Have run the set up and it doesn't say anything about 3d...just 1080 p but I've read this on other threads. Some say it just does 3d without any special settings.

Lestat_11

If I remember right the 3d adds more depth to bat man for pop out I find the last moterstorm to be better.

Brooktop

Right I've solved one problem but created another. It's because I was passing the the video through my Yamaha receiver. I plugged the cable straight from the ps3 to the tv and it now recognises the 3d signal. The difference, in Batman and on blu ray 3d is noticeable.

So how do I now get 3d and hi-def audio seeing as the ps3 only has one hdmi?

Lestat_11

Brooktop said:
Right I've solved one problem but created another. It's because I was passing the the video through my Yamaha receiver. I plugged the cable straight from the ps3 to the tv and it now recognises the 3d signal. The difference, in Batman and on blu ray 3d is noticeable.

You can get hdmi splitters ie 1 input from ps3 to 2 out puts tv and surround sound

Brooktop

I've been told in a thread on the amplifiers forum that a splitter won't work.

Splitting the HDMI output of the PS3 makes no odds. Both signals are the same and the return signal from your amp will prevent any output at all from the PS3.

Can anyone argue otherwise?

Barry_

I am not 100% on this but i don't think the PS3 can output 3D and HD Audio at the same time anyway..

(Maybe getting confused with the projector side i got!!! - Sure someone will correct me if i am wrong)

Edit - Ignore that seems 3.7 added this functionally - i just remembered that it couldn't do it originally.

Would of thought a spilter would work - cable from ps3 to spilter then one to amp and one to tv - can't see why the amp would return a signal??

Last edited:

Brooktop

Can't find any categorical evidence that anyone has done this. Path of least resistance seems to be to upgrade amp to a 3d one and accept that if I'm watching a 3d blu ray I will only get DD or DTS, but that's not a biggie.

RMGEE

I tried splitting the 3D signal from my PS3 using a Neet splitter but it wouldn't work, I tried connecting it to the TV first and running the setup so it detected the 3DTV then connecting it to the splitter, no matter what I tried it just wouldn't work :mad:

In the end I just ran the HDMI to the TV and used optical for the surround sound.

There is an updated version of the splitter that I used which states that its 3D compatible might be worth asking the seller http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-WAY-HD-...ctronics_VideoSwitches_SM&hash=item1c180dccf9

Let me know how you get on.

Uridium

Distinguished Member

Buy a new amp.....

harsh i know but if you want HD audio as well as 3D you'll have to.

malk

Hdmi for the picture,optical for the sound,thats the way round it,as someone else said,thats the plan for me,when/if i get a new 3d set.(begging bowl out)

malk

That won't give you HD audio though.....

LOL,sorry mate,i was just nosing about the forums,and its what a few people had mentioned, if i could get a new TV,its what id do,untill i could get a new amp..:)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom