1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing back shop bought DVD's on Philips DVDR70

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by greg_1979, Jan 13, 2005.

1. greg_1979

greg_1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone else solved this one yet and if so, please advise!!

Play back on some shop bought / original R2 dvd's, the screen goes way way too bright, the black becomes grey and looks terrible! I can only assume it has something to do with discs encoded with copy protection as I tried a load of other discs and most were fine, all the one's with the "cp" logo on the disc had this brightness problem.

I know these discs are OK on my other players so it's really annoying that they're not on the DVDR70 as this is my main player now!

Can somebody help me to resolve this problem please!

:lease:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    The DVDR70 - like all of Philips DVD recorders to date - has been plagued with problems. And your problem sounds very familar to that suffered by many Philips users. Nevertheless verify all your connections are tightly fitting - a Scart may have worked it's way loose. Furthermore do you have a VCR or another DVD player passing through the DVDR70 (either directly or via Sky/freeview/cable) - if so that may be causing problems.