1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing back edited DV footage? ds29b.

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Wingman, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Wingman

Wingman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought the Panasonic ds29b dv camcorder. Unfortunately I did little research and did,nt know that it is DV out only!
    I desperately need to show my edited footage on TV. I have tried panatest software to "enable" DV in, but it does,nt seem to have codes for my camera.
    I have tried playing on tv and recording on my video via my graphics card tv out and scart connections but get no picture or sound (avi file played on pc in full screen).
    Is the only solution to buy a dvd burner? If so can I save all my video clips in Mpeg and convert back to AVI later ( to save disc space)?
    I originally hoped to copy my edited videos onto VHS to send to my "luddite" freinds.
    Can anyone help?:lesson:

2. Traveller

Traveller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Wingman

That's a bad one :(

1. I believe the best solution to buy a converter (£100-£200). Normally they're used to convert older analog to DV for the PC but many also work the other way round. That way you can record your DV to a VHS via firewire.

2. Sound: Your graphics card /SVHS only delivers the picture. You need to connect your soundcard to the audio of the TV / VHS

3. You can save your DV on the PC as DVD/MPEG or SVCD/MPEG but the compression will have some consequences for the quality. Don't use VCD/MPEG that's low quality.

Good luck

Traveller