Playing audio from Vista in another room

jamesg1979

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty new here and have maybe a dumb ass question - and apols if I post this in the wrong forum
I have Vista Premium in my lounge and would like to be able to play and more importantly choose music to play in my other rooms (wirelessly preferred)
So in effect I could have one song playing in my lounge, but another song playing in my kitchen.

I'm pretty sure I'm after an audio Extender or transmitter, but the only ones I can find are HP (apparantly discontinued) and Lynksys but this plays videos and requires a monitor or TV, I'd prefer a simple small unit, where I can skip through the songs or playlists to choose a song.
Also (this is getting greedy), perhaps even choose radio if desired

Any thoughts?

My solution to this problem was to run a 10 metre VGA lead from the PC into the second room into the screen there. For audio I ran a coaxial digital lead through to the second room. I controlled Media Centre in the second room via Xantech wired IR control. It all worked perfectly. Since then I have installed a second media centre in the second room and access all audio and video via the wired network. All working really well now. Hope this helps

Graham

Depends on your budget but you could get http://www.clevertec.co.uk/chcmcc.htm.

If you want an additional source a standard XBOX360 would be OK. You could connect it to a local amp/HiFi and wirelessly link to the main MCE. Once it's configured you wouldn't need a screen attached. The software could talk to a Global Cache (installed with the XBOX) and send a "Green Button" command which would turn the XBOX on (in "Extender Mode") and off as required.

For a single source just get the software (for control) and a set of wireless speakers.

Can't really say any more as I was involved in the project and I don't want to appear biased. Just thought I'd point it out.

Wo0zy.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom