1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing a video player through sony vpl-hs2

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by paul1672, Feb 28, 2004.

1. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    hi there.
    thick question i know,but i was wondering if someone can tell me if it's possible to play a video player through a projector?
    i would check myself only i haven't got a video player and i'm enquiring because the person that wishes to buy my pj is intending to use it with a video player.
    any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    paul

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +752
    Yes. Any domestic video source, TV, VCR, Satelite, Freeview, DVD, games console etc, will work fine.
    That's why so many of us here use projectors. They just become bloody great big TV monitors without the inbuilt tuner and speakers.

However, they don't have scart sockets, so if that's all the Video player has on the back you might need to get a special cable or scart converter. They aren't that expensive though.

3. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    cheers
    should be no problem finalising a sale of my pj then.
    was a little worried as the guy is bringing a video player with him tomorrow to try it out.
    it was the only worry he had regarding purchasing the pj.
    many thanks
    paul