Player with RGB loopthrough and 5.1 otputs?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jakehake, May 6, 2005.

1. jakehake

jakehake
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Do any such players exist, and preferably cheap-ish? The 5.1 outputs seem to be more common but 2 scarts(and more so RGB passthrough) seem fairly rare.

Anyone any ideas off hand?

2. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    You can still get the Pioneer 565 on eBay. They have everything you require.

Regards
    Keith Hurst

3. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    HI
    If you can try and get hold of a second hand sony dvpns-900v it is still an excellent dvd player with everything you require it also sounds very good with cds,I once replaced it with a denon dvd 2200 which was sold and my sony was put back in its old space which says somthing about its performance,
    Cheers Gonzo.
    Ps you can still get them brand new from total digital but they only have black(£199).

4. bradavon78

bradavon78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    RGB loop through for me is a must but it's also nigh on impossible to find out if a player supports it. My old LG 3350 doesn't but has two scarts but my current Panasonic RA71 does BUT neither say in the manual or in reviews it supports it. All you can do is find out if it has two scarts and e-mail the manufacturer.

The current line up of Pioneer players have two scarts but I agree it's a feature to rarely used. When/if HDMI or similar is common place then fair enough but scart for most is still the best way of watching DVDs.