Player will not play discs

Mikeyd1963

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi every one and Happy new year.
I have a Panasonic DMP-bdp300 blue ray player, which over the last year or so has been causing problems. One day it will play discs other days it won't. It used to be by resetting it I.e turning it on and off it would play. But alas this week no mater what I do it will not play a single disc. The player just says "no read" the latest firmware I believe is 1.63 which is installed. Has any body had this problem or got any idea what it could be.

Mike

'No read' is most usually caused by dirty disks, inadequately burned discs (if self-burnt), dirty laser lens (not common), or failing laser.

These units usually have tri-co-mounted lasers for Bluray / DVD / CD respectively, so if one or two of those types play OK and the other does not, that is a strong indication of failure of the laser for that particular disk type.

Hi every one and Happy new year.
I have a Panasonic DMP-bdp300 blue ray player, which over the last year or so has been causing problems. One day it will play discs other days it won't. It used to be by resetting it I.e turning it on and off it would play. But alas this week no mater what I do it will not play a single disc. The player just says "no read" the latest firmware I believe is 1.63 which is installed. Has any body had this problem or got any idea what it could be.

Mike
Possibly dirty laser lens or laser on the way out/knackered.

'No read' is most usually caused by dirty disks, inadequately burned discs (if self-burnt), dirty laser lens (not common), or failing laser.

These units usually have tri-co-mounted lasers for Bluray / DVD / CD respectively, so if one or two of those types play OK and the other does not, that is a strong indication of failure of the laser for that particular disk type.

O dear.
i'll try a dvd and cd tonight then.
Thanks.
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
yep.

Sorry to jump on this thread..I have a Samsung bad es7000 that won't play blu ray but will DVD....That a knackered laser? Can it be repaired anywhere?

Sorry to jump on this thread..I have a Samsung bad es7000 that won't play blu ray but will DVD....That a knackered laser? Can it be repaired anywhere?
Depends if replacement laser assemblies are available. It may just need a clean though.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I ve tried these blu ray lens cleaner and it hasn't helped.

Think it's just knackered. Like most stuff from Samsung, seems to have a shelf life of only a few years!
Ok. Just won't play bluray so.
So looks like I'm looking for a cheapie to play 3D as well. If any one has any ideas ?. Shame the Samsung 8500 doesn't play 3D. Up to £150 mark would be great.. Don't mind going another 50 if their is a significant improvement.
Mike

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom