player to use in car

gavp

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm after some alternatives to ipods that I can fit in a cradle in my car probably using an fm signal for the delivery option, I see that ipods have loads of accesories but i'm interested to know if anyone uses this system, if its any good and maybe offer some links for players and acessories.
Any advice/help would be generously received :smashin:

I use an Iriver H140 with a tape adaptor. The main reason for buying the player was for use in the car and the main reason for choosing the H140 was the great remote control. I stick the remote onto my dashboard so I've got total control right in front of me, and the control has the song/album names on it as well. Perfect!

I bought a Car Dock FM.....brilliant. Works with little/no interference. It also charges the iPod as you use it in the car. Just note where your cigarette lighter is in your car....some cars have it in fiddly places where the cradle won't fit properly.

Try amazon....link

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Cheers fellas, I've ended up going for an ipod mini, a belkin tunebase cardock and an xtreme airplay fm signal sender, there just seems to be so more accessories for ipods i almost feel i had no real choice in opting for their product. :(

As I will be taking the ipod to festivals and other excursions i've aquired some wharfedale loudman NXT portable loudspeakers, anyone used these or have any opinions on them?

gavp said:
i almost feel i had no real choice in opting for their product. :(

Don't be sad! It is a great flexible product and has loads of great accessories to choose from. Wait till you start changing fonts and pictures on it or loading another OS to play other games!

I have an FMtansmitter and don't really get on with it. Sometimes it surprises me and sounds good but most of the time I can hear pops and whistles in the background and the sound is thin and lacking sparkle.

I have a cd only HU so I can't even use a cassette adapter. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom