Player to feed an external scaler (VP)

Dan.Scott1234

Hi everyone

can anyone recommend a DVD player to feed a DVDO iScan HD+?

As I understand, the scaler will not accept 480i over HDMI (DVI) de-interlace and upscale it so I think I may be looking at a player that gives really good 480i over component?

All help really appreciated!

ps at the moment I have a Cambridge Audio DVD85

Cheers
Dan

Welwynnick

Distinguished Member
Don't get the question, Dan.

The iScan HD+ DOES accept native interalced digital over DVI input, and process it.

480i is NTSC video, and 576i is PAL and SECAM video. I presume it's the latter you want, though that won't bother the iScan.

The favourite scaler-friendly DVD players round here are the Arcam DV79 and Pioneer DV868AVi.

Hope that helps, Nick

Dan.Scott1234

thats great so I could say pipe in an Oppo 970HD at 480i/576i and let the iScan de-interlace and scale it?

On the DVDO site here-
http://www.dvdo.com/faq/faq_ishdp.php#faq_hd9

It says that all other resolutions are just passed through, other than component input only SDI is de-interlaced and scaled?

Welwynnick

Distinguished Member
Dan.Scott1234 said:
It says that all other resolutions are just passed through, other than component input only SDI is de-interlaced and scaled?
Yup, 576i over HDMI from an Oppo 970 would be great, and the HD+ will de-interlace and scale that. All SD inputs are fully processed, not just SDI, where that is fitted (option). Only HD are pass through, though I believe you can still apply picture controls.

Nick

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom