Player Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Leeray3, May 8, 2001.

1. Leeray3

Leeray3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Help me please!!! My Sony DVD player does not work. On friday night the picture froze whilst watching a film. I ejected the disc as nothing would work. Now when ever I put a disc in the player goes into thinking mode and then states that there is no disc. I have tried Region 1 & 2 discs and CD's. And I get the same message every time.
    The modification was made before it was delivered by multiregion magic. So it's not a cowboy job.
    Has anyone had this problem and can they help?

The player is a Sony DVP-S735 :eek:

2. stefinch

stefinch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    YES I have had exactly the same problem as that before but with a different player. Picture froze and then wouldn't play a thing just said "no disc". The problem was a faulty laser.

3. I am maximus

I am maximus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I had the same problem with a Panasonic A350,it read the discs as being dirty but it was a faulty laser it needed to be replaced (very expensive).I hope this helps

4. Leeray3

Leeray3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks guys.

I contacted the branch that I bought this player from and they told me that the laser needed to be realigned. After trying this and still it was no good I returned it to them and was then told that the laser was faulty and that it would be sent back to the manufacturer and be replaced.

I was lucky that it was still under guarantee

Cheers :D