• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Playbase and Play 1s or better options

morty192

Hello,

Moving home within the next few months and would like a proper sound system to accompany my TV (JS9000). Having done very little research I'm thinking get a playbase,and dot Play 1s about the house?

Does this offer the best value for money and ease of use or is there a better/cheaper combination to work with Spotify/Apple Music and provide good punchy sound to accompany the TV?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
SONOS, Yamaha (MusicCast) and Denon/Marantz (HeoS) are all worth considering - you may end up with a one brand solution or you could end up with a combination of SONOS + something else.

Yamaha and Denon/Marantz likely offer you more options in your AV/TV room if you do want a 'proper' surround sound experience and have the room, room layout, budget and space/decor too allow you to install a more conventional AVR + Speaker combination.

For multi-room audio SONOS is still hard to match as a simple to operate system.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom