Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Playback Quality of Goodmans GDVD 301R?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by IrishGraham, Aug 5, 2005.

1. IrishGraham

IrishGraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this machine which I bought as a starter off recordable dvd (I now have a Sony HX510s) but due to the cheapness of the machine never played back recorded or shop bought discs on it, I used my old stand alone Sony for that (on the basis that it would last longer if I only recorded on it as I had heard of this machine packig it in after a few months).

Im going to give it to a friend for their start off dvd, but he has no other machine so will be playing back discs on the machine and I dont want to give it to him if the playback quality of the machine is poor.

2. Powerhead

Powerhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Playback is fine - (RGB)
    Why treat equipment with such caution?
    Mine gets a good hammering and rightly so.

Just remember to file your years guarantee away somewhere safe.

:)

3. IrishGraham

IrishGraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My normal player gets a battering when keeping moving it from bedroom to livingroom as its multiregion and works a charm.

Ive only been cautious with this player becuase I have heard of machines packing it in after a couple of month and when I got it it recorded perfectly so I figured if I just recorded on it, it would last me until cristmas when Id get a good HDD machine but managed to save up enough for it after 4 months. Goodmans are one of the makers that I hve read in forums have had problems ala Philips aka Junk.