Playback Quality of Goodmans GDVD 301R?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by IrishGraham, Aug 5, 2005.

1. IrishGraham

IrishGraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this machine which I bought as a starter off recordable dvd (I now have a Sony HX510s) but due to the cheapness of the machine never played back recorded or shop bought discs on it, I used my old stand alone Sony for that (on the basis that it would last longer if I only recorded on it as I had heard of this machine packig it in after a few months).

Im going to give it to a friend for their start off dvd, but he has no other machine so will be playing back discs on the machine and I dont want to give it to him if the playback quality of the machine is poor.

2. Powerhead

Powerhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Playback is fine - (RGB)
    Why treat equipment with such caution?
    Mine gets a good hammering and rightly so.

Just remember to file your years guarantee away somewhere safe.

:)

3. IrishGraham

IrishGraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My normal player gets a battering when keeping moving it from bedroom to livingroom as its multiregion and works a charm.

Ive only been cautious with this player becuase I have heard of machines packing it in after a couple of month and when I got it it recorded perfectly so I figured if I just recorded on it, it would last me until cristmas when Id get a good HDD machine but managed to save up enough for it after 4 months. Goodmans are one of the makers that I hve read in forums have had problems ala Philips aka Junk.