Playback problems with Samsung BDP-1000 and BDP-1500

C

cole101284

I have two Samsung Blu Ray players. I have a BDP-1000 (Region A) and a BDP-1500 (Region B).

The BDP-1500 is updated to version 2.4. The BDP-1000 was last updated a couple of months ago, but I have noticed Samsung have removed 1 or 2 of the most recent updates from their site.

When I watch a Fox Blu Ray title on the BDP-1000, the picture breaks up in various places. The sound isn't affected, it's just the picture breaking up. This sometimes starts right at the beginning of the film, or it will start about half way through. Once it does start, it usually lasts for up to a minute, then goes back to normal, and then starts again, repeating the same thing over and over. I have found this problem with Mirrors, Max Payne and 24 - Season 7.

On the BDP-1500, I also only have problems with Fox titles. With this player, however, it's the sound that's affected rather than the picture. It's like the sound is loosing it's signal for a fraction of a second at a time, there is a gap in the sound. It doesn't seem to affect the dialogue, only the bass and surround sound. I have had this problem with Australia, Mirrors, The X-Files - I Want To Believe and 24 - Season 7. This always starts around half way through whatever is playing and continues constantly from then on.

I tried 24 - Season 7 on both players as discs 2 - 6 are region free. The picture is affected in my Region A BDP-1000, and the sound is affected in my Region B BDP-1500.

This only affects Fox titles. Films released by any other company are fine.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I seem to have sorted out the sound problem with the BDP-1500. I found a link to the most recent formware update (the one that is no longer available from Samsung) and now it seems to work.

So does anyone know if there were any recent updates for the Region 1 BDP-1000 that Samsung took down?

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom