Question Playback of recordings made on old Sky HD box

mcspongy

I have read the sticky, but just wanted to please clarify on one point:

If I get a new box, not changing card (which I assume would be the case) after having paired the card to the new box, can I still watch all the recordings on the old box, which have been made using the same card - without having to re-pair the card to the old box, i.e. you can simply put the card back in the old box, connect the cables and playback the recordings?

It won't be Sky Movies or Sky Sports as I haven't subscribed to them for a long time, but other subscription channels (Sky Atlantic HD, BT Sport HD etc).

Thanks very much.

MartinPickering

can I still watch all the recordings on the old box, which have been made using the same card - without having to re-pair the card to the old box,
I'm 99% certain that the answer is "no" for encrypted subscription programmes and "yes" for "FresatFromSky" and FTA programmes.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
The answer is actually no for any subscription HD chnnels but yes for any non premium encrypted SD channels or non subscription channels - premium channels are Movies, Sports and subscription HD channels. Pairing is required for premium channels.

mcspongy

Aaaah, well 90% of the recordings will be HD programmes, so that's a bit annoying. Thank you very much for clarifying. Would Sky allow me to re-pair with my old Sky HD Box temporarily, or will they only do it with the newest box (I see you need to enter serial numbers etc online)?