1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play247 - One Address Only ?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PaulBoy, Apr 18, 2001.

1. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Briefly - I have just had a row with Play with whom I have been a happy customer since 1999
    In March I pre-ordered Cleopatra due for release early April
    Between March & April I ordered a CD for my mum in N.Ireland and changed my address for that order to post it to my mums address
    Out of the blue the Cleopatra set arrived at my mums (the CD has yet to materialise!)
    Play said this was my fault as I had changed my address so that's where they sent the Cleopatra DVD
    It appears their software cannot cope with more than one address & I had wrongly assumed the order for Cleopatra would be sent to my usual address
    I asked (nicely) if they would consider paying the cost of postage for Cleopatra to my home in England - they refused
    Oh well not so much of my business for Play
    The other etailers I use appear to have better software & the above situation would never happen (well done absound / hmv / tesco)

2. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem. I needed to order a Snatch from them for a Forum member here.

Used his address as delivery and yet they sent it to me :mad:

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many online stores only allow one address to be used at a time, this is not a software fault it is infact a security feature.

It prevents someone from using stolen credit card details to have loads of items shipped to different addresses (as this would make it harder to track that person, as police can easily monitor 1 address but it's a lot harder to monitor lots of addresses)

4. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    ...and let's not forget they only have a little plane from Jersey to fly dvds to us buyers :)...

Why is it whenever Play are mentioned on these pages (usually being criticised) the most incredible excuses are offered in their favour? Can anyone see a reason why they cannot have an alternate mailing address and still retain the address of the person ordering for security purposes - other sites manage it perfectly well (CDNow for example).

Let's be honest, their service is variable at best, and my personal experience is it is much worse than that.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Once again, all I can say is: 40 discs and counting, only 1 of which was 'delayed' (it took a whole 7 days to pitch up! :)

6. ptmbradley

ptmbradley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ditto Mr Confucious. As I've said a billion times, I've never once had a problem with Play in over 18 months of ordering from them. :)

Though they must have some sort of software problem as they do have an option in the payment section about shipping to a different address.

7. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    PTM - Yes you are the strongest link ...
    All I said was I had had this problem having had excellent service for the past two years
    If its a security issue then fine - I'm all for a bit of that ...
    BTW the errant CD I ordered for my mum arrived at MY HOUSE on Thursday !!! :D