Play.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Geezer, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Do play reply to emails anymore, ive mailed them a couple of times recently with no replies :confused:

2. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    I think that Play's customer service is going down hill fast.
    If you really need to get in touch why not phone them?

3. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I did earlier this afternoon. That was a waste of time too.

4. pete18

pete18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Gezzer

I have not had any probelms with play.com

I sent them an e-mail regarding a customs charge and they replied within a day, saying that if i send a copy of the customs charge receipt slip they would refund me. I only sent them an e-mail to see if I would get hit with customs on region 2 dvd's over £18 cause i was thinking of buying a couple of boxsets and wasn't looking for a refund, and they offered me one.

Also going back in August i didn't receive Resident Evil on dvd when the 14 days was up and I contacted them they sent a replacement out right away

TOP CUSTOMER SERVICE

also this is a busy time for anyone near christmas, and they must have thousands of e-mails to read.

Don't worry they reply,

thanks for the Fox e-mail address BTW

From pete

5. Lux

Lux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've ordered over 100dvds with them and never had a problem. but lately they are starting to get slow. their customer service is great (phone only as emails take over a week for me)
    But the started processing my order (goldmember) on tuesday and it's still packaging. usually it only takes 1-2 days to go to shipped, but now:confused:

6. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I emailed them 2-3 weeks ago to ask about ordering region 2 boxsets, in case i got custom charges. Like pete did. Never had a reply. Like most people here ive ordered 100+ dvds from them, but the last 5 orders have all had problems.

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I agree with you.
    I have order quite a lot of dvd with them (not 100's but I was working on it) But since a couple of month the service is going bad.

Order Lilo the 1st, posted the 5th and still nothing. Yet it is not very bad but far from the order delivery in 2-3 days that I knew.

My wife called them (she can not wait :blush: ) and the anwser was don't care call back when it is 2 weeks:eek:

So if anyone knows a better online shop, I am willing to try.

Julien

8. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried a lot of UK based sites and they all have hiccups now and again, Play are the most consistent retailer to date and their customer service is pretty good if you phone them. Sites I've used primarily are Choices, DVD.co.uk, Enterprises, Amazon.co.uk and Laserline. Laserline and Amazon are the most expensive sites but Laserline are good for rare R1 titles at least.

134 orders from Play and only had 1 problem with a missing delivery, they sent a replacement out the same day without question.

If there is a site better than Play then I'd like to know them too :)

Regards
    Phil

9. Lux

Lux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    my goldmember has now been in packing for nearly a week. first time that happened, yet it's available within 24hours??

10. Lux

Lux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    www.splashdvd.com gets pretty close, very good customer service, same price, sometimes cheaper, sometimes more expensive.
    not necessarily better but close or equal

11. pete18

pete18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    had my reply back from play.com after sending them an e-mail saturday night

geezer send them another e-mail

from pete

12. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Pete i did get a reply today. But on the email, i asked two things, and only had one answered. Doesnt matter ive ordered what i wanted from somewhere else now. Still havent got my discs though but i have to wait till friday.

13. pete18

pete18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    got a reply from fox today, they are very helpful

thanks pete

14. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Yes i thought so too, thought they would just fob me off with the aliens box. Very impressed. (well i will be when i get it)

15. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Well, I never thought I'd be saying it, but I now have to concur that the service from Play has definitely gone down a steep hill.
    I've been a regular customer of their's for a couple of years now, and have recommended them to friends on several occasions. That was until today though...

I placed an order for a CD on Wednesday for a Christmas present. As that particular item was showing as "temporarily out of stock", I immediately sent them an e-mail asking for confirmation that it would be back in stock in time for Xmas delivery.

Was pleased to see a response appeared this morning, until I opened the message and read it that is! They had sent me a generic 'out of stock' response message, telling me that the item was out of stock (which I knew) and that it would be 3-21 days before new stock would arrive. If you would like information, please call .........

Personally I really hate these kind of pre-typed unpersonal responses. It really bugs me when a company can't take the trouble to have one of their 'agents' type a quick personal response. And when, as in this case, the response doesn't even answer the question that was asked, it p*sses me off even more:mad: )

Anyway, I did call ........, and spoke to one of their 'agents' ( so that's what Mulder & Scully are up to these days :D ). After 'making my feelings known' about the standard of service received, I finally got the answer that they could not guarantee delivery of the item before Xmas. Fine, that was all I need to hear. I can now go and buy elsewhere.

16. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Well its been 2 weeks and my order didnt come. So they have resent them. What happens if they dont come this time, will they send them again?

17. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I have had a few problems, and when i have rung up, they have been OK, sent out stuff thats never turned up etc, but then also found out local postie has been sacked for robbing!!!!!

ANYWAY, round this time Play is mental, and things go into packing for a few days, as more peopel are ordering, stands to reason!!

18. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    On the other hand .....

I ordered Ali on Tuesday, checked back yesterday showed as posted on Wednesday, turned up this morning.

BUT EVEN MORE STAGGERING ....
    Ordered Minority report from CD-Wow on saturday & received an email that it was out of stcok but don't worry it will be in stock on the 10th & sent out in time for Xmas. Received an email yesterday saying that the DVD had been posted and it arrived this morning!! Less than two days to come across the world is amazing - especially when you consider how much stuff the local Post Offices are dealing with at the moment

19. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gotta love Play's "behind the mountains" order status system.

I have quite a few orders that "My Account" shows are currently still being packed.

I'd like to know how they're doing this because I just unpacked them all straight after the postman handed them to me yesterday and today.

Come on Play - keep up!!! :D

20. Sgt.Colon

Sgt.Colon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I spoke to them the other day about this and it's something to do with 2 seperate departments and one of they is a bit slow. lol :)