Play Your VR games Challenge!

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Alright, I am dedicating this thread to @Goooner , a notoriously self confessed hoarder of unplayed PSVR games :D

Are you the same? I too have plenty of unfinished VR games, though I have played almost every game I own except for one recently bought disc which is an Ultimate collection of games of which I am currently playing the first one called Unearthing Mars, a beautiful but uneven exploration part shooter game)!

There are some games, I will never touch again, simply because I hate them, "Blind" being such an example, unless the game has been updated significantly to improve gameplay. Games that are endless, do have trophy challenges, so perhaps use the trophy challenges as an incentive to get back to playing your VR games.

The point of this thread is to just inject some more incentive to enjoy our PSVR games with a gentle bit of competition...not necessarily to be the top VR gamer as that's unfair due to our different lifestyle budget in VR gaming hours (I love 2d gaming too). but to avoid being the at the bottom as the biggest PSVR hoarder :)

I'll kick off with my list of PSVR games I own, indicating what I have completed. I am currently addicted to "Firewall Zero Hour" (solo gaming mode!)...my goal is to reach maximum level 50 purely in solo mode which will take a couple of months to achieve going by my current progress rate as I play this in short half hour bursts every other day. But in between those sessions I play many other VR games and as I mentioned currently playing "Unearthing Mars".

When I play games, I focus on completing the single player campaigns and completing all collectables, then move onto another game. But if I notice my trophy count is above 90% from the natural playthrough of a game, then I would sometimes try for the Platinum if I enjoy the game enough but I have only done this for 3 games (Invisible Hours, Deracine, The Assembly). I think VR games being mostly short in nature with a single player narrative journey, are generally easier to platinum if you into that.

So my next target is to complete "Unearthing Mars", hopefully this week.

Games with single player campaigns completed (only 3 platinumed):

Batman Arkham
Super hot
Bravo team
Lost bear
Farpoint
Robinson the journey
VR Worlds: London heist
VR Worlds: Ocean Descent
VR Worlds: Scavenger's Odyssey
Playroom VR: Rescue Bots
Trackmania Turbo
Tomb raider
Last Guardian
Spiderman Homecoming
Battlefront rogue one
Call of duty
Arizona sunshine plus DLC
Moss
Invisible hours
(Platinumed)
Apollo 11
American Dream
Deracine
(Platinumed)
The Assembly (Platinumed)
Tumble VR (solved all challenges with gold medals but yet to complete bonus time challenges).
Rick and Morty Virtual Rickality
Creed
Ace combat vr mode
Unearthing Mars
(100% trophies)
Fated (100% trophies)
Ghost Giant (Platinumed)

Games that I continue playing but have no ending:

Ark Park (This is a sim game with some crazy shooting elements, weird but I kinda like)
Chess ultra (
Football nation vr
Gt sport

Games I own, have played but yet to complete:

Bound
Brookhaven experiment
Dream match tennis
Firewall zero hour
(reaching level 50 is my aim for completion)
Here they lie
Hypervoid
Inpatient
Operation warcade
VR Worlds: Dangerball
VR Worlds: VR Luge
Ps worlds
Racket fury table tennis
Resident evil 7
Rigs
Sega mega drive vr
(30 retro games!)...I'll be honest, not likely to complete any but love playing them for the retroness enjoyment.
Skyrim - (uh....has anyone in the world actually completed this...IN VR MODE!?)
Solas Project
Star Trek Bridge Crew
Starblood arena
Statik
Until Dawn Rush of blood
Wipeout
Eagle Flight

Game that I will never play again because I hate them!

Apex construction (brilliant on PCVR but horrible on PSVR)
Blind (awful gameplay)
Gungrave vr (awful control system)
Moto racer 4 (2d game is enjoyable but VR mode is worst ever...unbelievably bad)
Ping pong (Racket Fury superiority makes this completely redundant)
Smash Hit Plunder
Tekken 7
(the vr mode for this is ridiculous, you can fight but there is no winning or losing the fight! This would have been brilliant otherwise, what a tragedy!)
Sprint vector (I dont care for this game, anymore)
Doom VFR (even with an AIM Controller, this game is just awkward in its controls)

Games I own but yet to play (all on one disc called Ultimate VR Collection! I am currently playing Unearthing Mars on the disc):

Bandit Six
Dexed
Korix

Last edited:

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Playing online multiplayer generally eats a lot of my limited gaming time, plus I recently picked up a new laptop so have a few games on that to play (Forza Horizons 4, Return of the Obra Dinn and Dirt Rally 2.0).

In non-VR, I have been playing Apex Legends and Brawlhalla - switching to them from Rocket League and Fortnite - as well as slowly working my way through Red Dead 2.

I want to get back onto VR though to try and get through some more of the Beat Saber songs on Expert, before the new DLC hits next week. I'll also keep dipping into Astro Bot and, once that is completed, I'll probably start on Superhot.

Updated with list of games.

First the ones I probably won't go back to:

Lethal VR Played through it and completed a lot of the challenges. Gun Club VR expands on the concept, so would probably play that over this now.

Rec Room Tried it a few times. I like the concept, but not really for me.

Gunjack Pretty basic wave shooter, I think something like space pirate simulator or the upcoming Audica would better fit the bill.

Now stuff I have played and will still go back to:

Batman: Arkham VR I've played through it a couple of times, still have some riddler stuff to do. Good one to show new people.

Beat Saber The game I play most at the moment. Doubt I'll ever get the platinum though! Easy concept and good for new people.

Sparc
Still playing this from time to time. Not really a game you can complete as such. It's on sale in the store at the mo.

Creed: Rise To Glory I dip into this from time to time and still trying to pick the odd trophy here and there.

Racket Fury Similarly, a game I'll dip into occasionally for a quick game. Still on the early matches.

Headmaster Another I keep going back to. I'll play for a bit and then get stuck on getting three stars on a level for a while. Party mode is good for new people too

Astro Bot Yet another I dip into from time to time and complete a few levels. Such a good game.

Firewall: Zero Hour I give it a try every so often, but it knocked me sick when I first played it, so I tend to avoid it.

Gunclub VR Played it a couple of times. Not sorted the tracking for two handed weapons yet, but otherwise it's a good shooting range game.

Wipeout I loved the flat version so it's cool to play this in VR. Can't play for long before I feel sick though.

Thumper I enjoyed playing this, so don't know why I don't play it more often.

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes Only had a brief look at this, just need to find someone to play it with!

Tumble VR Only played briefly, but will go back to it

Statik Pretty much done with the single player stuff, but would like to try the coop levels

Here are the games I have picked up but not played at all yet. I'll grab one from the list when I finish Astro Bot

Moss
Arizona Sunshine
Farpoint
Superhot
Race The Sun
To The Top
Robinson The Journey
I Expect You To Die

Last edited:

Stinja

Distinguished Member
I generally keep my outstanding game collection quite small, and PSVR games i'm very picky with and usually play until i'm "finished" or done enough to decide if i want to play more (or stop).
eg: Skyrim VR i like, but didn't really do much, maybe just a few missions into The Blades stuff, built a house etc. But then i platinum it on PS3, and another massive run on PS3 SE.

I'll see what my VR game list is like, and update this post to encourage myself and others :smashin:

EDIT: my PSVR list.

Completed the campaign / story, with only speed runs or challenges left:

The Persistence (platinum - great game, replayable too)
Farpoint (54% - finished story, just the grindy time trial stuff left iirc)
DOOM VFR (100%, no plat - good but 2016 flat version was better with number of enemies etc)
End Space (100% no plat - passable spaceship game)
Superhot (40% - completed game, challenges etc left)
Star Trek: Bridge Crew (87% - just need play with 6 friends, and Kobayashi maru trophies)
Battlezone (96% - just "Get a life" trophy left to plat, too grindy)
Rez infinite (51% - finished story and some challenges, then they started getting speed-runny)
Rush of Blood (36% - finished story, challenges and insane left to do)
Bound (3% - completed story once, apparently you need to replay lots to get all the hidden stuff)
Hyper Void (19% - challenge stuff left)
Volume (Platinum - good puzzler, not really better than playing flat)
Space Rift (100% no plat - mobile feeling spaceship game, End Space is better)
O! My Genesis (100 no plat - kinda fun mechanically, but didn't grab me to buy the other levels)

Uncompleted, or multiplayer / no way to "finish":

Firewall Zero Hour (37% - think i'm level 24? not got Hzu or revive pistol, done 100 solo missions, so sort played a decent amount. Got bored / friends stopped playing / too many CoD players now)
Wipeout (4% - completed the first 2 or 3 hexs, Warped and 2048?. Amazing, but samey)
Ultrawings (unlocked to the glider, and didn't like it, which stopped progress)
Skyrim VR (17% main, 15% Dawnguard, 60% Hearthfire - just a bit clunky, and I wanted to mess about, not have to unlock it all again)
FruitNinja VR (47% - did all I wanted to)
Tumble VR (5% - fun but Moves a bit irritating)
* Elite: Dangerous (Elite combat rank - pretty amazing, text hard to read though, but only possible via PC hack)

Abandoned / never really started:

Rec Room (seems fun, but too many kids)
Solus Project (9% - did a few levels, but it just didn't hold my attention)
Sports Bar VR (0% - mucked about for 20mins, no-one else I know owned it, so never gone back)

Last edited:

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Don’t kno about unfinished, i’ve got plenty of un-started VR games :rotfl:

I think the only ones I’ve actually finished are the VR missions for SW Battlefront, London Heist and Ocean Decent :D

The mrs completely Resident Evil though if that counts :laugh:

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
Don’t kno about unfinished, i’ve got plenty of un-started VR games :rotfl:

I think the only ones I’ve actually finished are the VR missions for SW Battlefront, London Heist and Ocean Decent :D

The mrs completely Resident Evil though if that counts :laugh:

Oh wow, your mrs is fearless! Good to know the PSVR is getting love from the household somehow, whilst you are giving the PS Store shopping basket infinite love!

Goooner

Distinguished Member
She had to have it on the easiest setting as she’s rubbish at video games and I had to do a couple of bits for her but she loves anything horror related, so it was right up her street.

I haven’t got the patience for survival horror type games.

Trouble now is I’ve got so many VR games if I decide to play one, I spend about 20 minutes deciding what to play, by which time I’m bored and it’s back to flat games :laugh:

Shame really because when I do actually play VR it’s great.

Stinja

Distinguished Member
Updated my post #3 with games. On balance I've kinda finished the games I like, and stopped playing the ones I don't, with no intent of going back. Of the unfinished ones, I guess i'd like to do more, but there's some reason which inhibits me.

Some because they're only really fun with friends (Rec Room, Firewall), others because of limitations in the current version of PSVR, like controls or resolution (Skyrim, Moves).

Last edited:

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Updated my post #3 with games. On balance I've kinda finished the games I like, and stopped playing the ones I don't, with no intent of going back. Of the unfinished ones, I guess i'd like to do more, but there's some reason which inhibits me.

Some because they're only really fun with friends (Rec Room, Firewall), others because of limitations in the current version of PSVR, like controls or resolution (Skyrim, Moves).

It's a testiment to PSVR that your large list of games has very little intersection with my games! I'll update my post to add some titles.

Stinja

Distinguished Member
Yeah i like cockpit games, where you're sat in a vehicle; full-motion FPS games; or quirky puzzlers apparently.
TBH i don't put much thought into what type of game to buy, it's just when it coincides with non flat-screen games i'm currently playing (so have time), or is obviously a high quality experience, or just looks interesting.

I don't have the inclination/time to play stuff just because it's new or reviewed well.

EDIT: i'd love single-player spaceship game, like if Rebel Galaxy Outlaw got PSVR (not much hope though), or a RPG which is more suited to our limitations (imagine CyberPunk 2077 with Aim support!).

Last edited:

Stinja

Distinguished Member
Occasionally, it's a bit of a faff setting up, and it typically involves 30+ minutes every time updating drivers and tweaking config files (yay for PC gaming :confused: ).

Here's a thread i made earlier: using PSVR on a PC thread

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Occasionally, it's a bit of a faff setting up, and it typically involves 30+ minutes every time updating drivers and tweaking config files (yay for PC gaming :confused: ).

Here's a thread i made earlier: using PSVR on a PC thread

Interesting. I recently picked up a new laptop (i5-8300, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 GB) that might handle some basic VR gaming.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom