Question Play USB HDD movies with LG’s internal Player and send the audio signals (DOLBY, DTS & ATMOS) to my AVR (Yamaha RX-A 1080) via eARC ?

boorock70

Standard Member
Reaction score
Highly interested in LG’s SM9000 (or newer NANO 90+ series) but I need to be verified about the “ATMOS signal support over eARC with the internal Video Player of LG ?”

I know that I can play and send audio signal of DTS & Dolby Digital (5.1, 7.1) files to the eARC/ARC connected devices like AVRs and Soundbars while watching the USB connected HDD or flashdisks played by the internal Video Player of LG.

What I'm asking for information is;
- Does the internal player of LG supports Dolby ATMOS files playing from USB HDD ?
May I send the Dolby ATMOS audio signals to my ATMOS capable AVR (Yamaha RX-A 1080) via eARC from a USB connected HDD to the TV while playing it in the LG internal Video Player ?

PS: What about the new 2020 NANO 90+ series ?
LG says that they dropped DTS support… But can the new 2020 NANO 90+ series support DTS over USB only ?
Similarly, can the new NANO 90+ series support DTS and ATMOS over eARC “only if” the internal Video Player is playing a USB connected HDD?

I just want to play my USB HDD movies (with LG’s internal Player and send the audio signals (DOLBY, DTS & ATMOS) to my AVR (Yamaha RX-A 1080) via eARC.
  • Can it be done ?
Thanks in advance…

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom