1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

play us games on uk ps2

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by lyons1212, Apr 24, 2005.

1. lyons1212

lyons1212

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i've been trying to buy a game for ages and have only just found out there are no plans for a U.K release. if i buy the U.S version would it play as normal on my U.K ps2. if not what would i need to get in order for it to do so.

2. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Straight out of the box, your PS2 will not play US games. You need to trick it into doing so. To do this you will need 2 things: the first is a copy of Swap Magic (current version is 3.3), and the second depends upon which version of the PS2 you have:

If you have an old, larger PS2, you'll need invest in a slide card (not expensive), and then use it to release the disc tray at the correct time - you will also need to take the front off your disc tray. If you have a newer, smaller PSTwo, then you'll need either Magic Switch, SlimTool or Ghost Switch, which are all devices designed to fool the console into thinking its lid is down when its up. The ghost switch requires you to open your console up, and thus void the guarantee; the Magic Switch requires you to leave the lid up permanently. I personally use the slim tool, which works fine, doesn't void the guarantee, and allows the lid to be closed.