• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Play TV picture quality

The Hotspur

Established Member
Just bought Play TV from Currys £39.99 - bargain. However, after setting up my picture quality is definitely worse than standard Freeview. Is this because the aerial is not plugged directly into the TV? Are there any specific settings i need to adjust on ps3 to improve the picture?
any help appreciated :thumbsup:

prettyvacant

Established Member
I've found PlayTV to have a fantastic picture on my 46" Panny Plasma :thumbsup:

What TV are you using and how is it connected?

What output settings/resolution do you have the PS3 set at?

tvmonkey

Established Member
The upscaled picture on PlayTV on my set up is better than on standard freeview (upscaled by the TV itself of course) through my TV's own tuner.

The Hotspur

Established Member
Using a samsung 26" lcd cant remember the model number off top of my head. connected via hdmi. i will check resolution when i get home, but it will be 720p or 1080i. what should it be? ar there any settings in the ps3 menus i need to alter?

thanks

figoagogo

Distinguished Member
The quality should be pretty similar really. I would say it just about has the edge over my inbuilt turner.

Benny The Greek

Standard Member
The update when you install Play TV is one of the best hidden options on any software ever - It should have been a puzzle on the new Professor Layton game....

The quality on my tv is better than the built in tuner....

It looks amazing remotely linked to my psp as well !!!

Freeview on the bog !!!

:oops:sorry

The Hotspur

Established Member
when i go into the play tv menu, there is a small revolving dotted circle indicating an uodate available. how do i update? i have done a full set up again but still have the symbol. i can't see a play tv specific update option anywhere in the menus. it shows i am running version 1.00.
:lease:

MichaelGL

Established Member
when i go into the play tv menu, there is a small revolving dotted circle indicating an uodate available. how do i update? i have done a full set up again but still have the symbol. i can't see a play tv specific update option anywhere in the menus. it shows i am running version 1.00.
:lease:
Settings>Info>Update.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom