• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

'play to' in windows 7 not working with Bravia

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
just got a windows 7 desktop for gaming, and I noticed that it has this 'play to' function where you can send videos to a compatible TV. My sony bravia (HX803) is on the network and shows up in the list, but whenever I try and play anything it complains that the media format is not supported.

I thought windows was supposed to transcode to MPEG 2 if the format wasn't supported, but doesn't look like its doing it.

any suggestions?

NX3

Prominent Member
It would be better to just setup a DLNA server like Serviio and use that. They quality would be better than WMP12 in transcoding as well.

mattclarkie

Distinguished Member
Have you tried something like an MP3 to check it can stream to the TV? 'Play To' works fine with my W5500 so it could be that it doesn't like the video files, or maybe the video has DD 5.1 which it doesn't like.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom