Play - the new Splash?

J

Julie Winston

Ok, so maybe not that bad but I am still waiting for a DVD ordered on 13/02/04. Customer Services only respond to e mails chasing the delivery - and then not within their specified 24 hours. I would go to CD-WOW but they don't stock the item. I have to admit the prices are good but then they were at Splash as well, especially with the ubiquitous £2.00 vouchers. No such joy with Play.

Is it just me?

Julie

I generally have been pleased with the service from play - the occasional disc goes missing in the post - but is soon replaced following an e-mail to let them know. You must be on a black list Julie :)

Play are brilliant in my experience. Reliable, fast and good prices. The only complaint I can think of is that when an item goes out of stock it can sometimes take ages to come back into stock. I waited 4 months for a DVD once. But it was cheap and when it was delivered I was very surprised!

i've had a few disks go missing over the years, but have never had any prob's getting a replacement.
But then i always ring them and talk to someone, instead of sending them an e-mail.

never had a problem with play.com at all. the worst thing that ever happen is they sent a order twice but only charge me once.

i have an order history of 31 pages at www.play.com and i have never, ever had a single problem with anything.

31 pages - what does that tell you about what i think of them ?

... ordering from Play is like making love to a beautiful woman... eh Lazarus ;)

It's just you, I think you saying Play are as bad as Splash is a vast overstatement... and if you'll forgive me, a bit dramatic considering you've only had one late disc. Try phoning them.

daren't look at my order history - been using Play for years with no problems.

(This last few weeks the disks seem to be arriving a day quicker than they used to!)

I've been ordering from Play for 4 years, and never had a problem which they haven't sorted immediately. To say they're as bad as Splash, after one late delivery, is a bit harsh, in my opinion. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Splash were unbeatable - at being bad!!

I have purchased over 70 DVD's and a few PC games in the last couple of years from Play.

To date I've only had one scratched disk - it had popped out of the case mounts in transit, but no probs it was replaced promptly.

No complaints here with the service, the last disk I ordered arrived 3 days before the release date!

I have had no problems with play, occasionaly the odd missing one or the odd delay but nothing that bad.

My first visit is always play and the otehrs have to beat it, if there is only a £1 or 2 difference then i still buy from play as i know that they are reliable.

The only thing im not to sure about with them is the new play USA site

Steve

Lucky bloody me I have a 2.5 feet high by 6 foot long poster of Daryl in her orange colored mermaid 'suit', from the VCR rental store located in Port Jervice, NY (I lived in Matamoris, PA across the river) from before 1985, now in my living room, which the 32 inch panny was so small, to now F38310JX4 Wide Screen HDTV starting in April of 2001. She is always a welcome sight when I come out of my bedroom in the morning :D

splash03.jpg

I'm still waiting on my refund notice from Movietyme, i used Play for over 3 years then discovered other suppliers can be better, theyre a good company and i still order occasionally from them.

Movietyme wheres my refund for GalaxyQuest grrrr :)

Maguire - your body may be "On planet earth" but it is clear your mind is on another planet altogether

This image is from the first "Splash" released to VHS in 1984, Quote "it's clear your mind must be on another planet" unquote. Another planet why it must be Altair 4 from The Rumor Mills prediction that a 2 disc remaster to 1956 "Forbidden Planet" is coming. ;)

:confused:

...what's this got to do with play.com?

So it's not just me then?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Well over the years, Play has been one of the best companys to place orders with. They have branched out into other products which I have bought, dispatched same day!

The price is somewhat up and down, what with CD Wow and the link and there great service means that Play has some catching up to do if they are to remain where they are now.

I have never had any problem with play although as lawe states the prices are up and down sometimes. I have started using dvdsoon though for r1 unless there is a cdwow link. I have been waiting for over 3 weeks now for a dvd to be despatched from cdwow though :(

Julie, one of things you don't say is what disc you're waiting for and if it's out of stock or gone missing.

It is frustrating if there's a problem with an order but every company messes up sometimes, even the best of them. From my experience & others here, Play is still one of the good ones.

As it happens, I never had a problem with Splash, even at Xmas, maybe I was just lucky, and patient ;)

It sounds like you need to ring them and speak to someone at play about your problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom