Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Play/Record at the same time?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by iantowns, Oct 23, 2005.

1. iantowns

iantowns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have decided to take th plunge and buy myself a DVD recorder with a hard disk drive.

I am a little confused as to which models allow you to record on to the HDD and view a DVD at the same time. I would find this feature particularly useful.

Does anyone know which models offer this feature please?

Many thanks in advance, :thumbsup:

Ian

2. Phantom Phixer

Phantom Phixer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would think most models with HDD allow this. The Pioneer models certainly do.

3. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know the Sony 910 I am getting does but only if you are watching a PAL DVD
    I should think it is a standard feature on most of them and probably with the same "limitation" as the 910.

4. iantowns

iantowns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ta chaps. :)

I had me eyes on one of the cheaper Lite-On 5045 models (which doesn't play and record at the same time), but it seems it's worth spending the extra to get a machine that will do it.