Play HD DVDs on pc

hoppycorp

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening All,

I have an LG super multi blue drive that plays both blu ray and HD DVDs but can't get it to play HD DVDs in windows.

Any advice on the best software to use would be greatly appreciated.

I don't want to rip the HD DVDs, just play them on my PC.

Thanks

Andy

Evening All,

I have an LG super multi blue drive that plays both blu ray and HD DVDs but can't get it to play HD DVDs in windows.

Any advice on the best software to use would be greatly appreciated.

I don't want to rip the HD DVDs, just play them on my PC.

Thanks

Andy
It's a while since I played an HD-DVD on a PC. I thought MPC-HC or MPC-BE played them but there may have been some messing around with codecs to get it working. I think I always had problems with VLC player and multi channel audio but I'm sure that played them.

It's a while since I played an HD-DVD on a PC. I thought MPC-HC or MPC-BE played them but there may have been some messing around with codecs to get it working. I think I always had problems with VLC player and multi channel audio but I'm sure that played them.
Thanks, I'll give it a look.
I've got a HD DVD player so have a way to view them, it's just something that has niggled me as I should be able to watch them on my PC... First world problems!

HD DVD support was dropped with the intoduction of Windows 10, I have the same LG drive as you in my old PC. If you have a driver that lets you access the file structure of the disc you can try opening the largest .EVO file in MPC (-HC or -BE).

I stayed on Windows 7 on my HTPC mainly for the ability to keep playing my HDDVDs. I still use Arcsoft Total Media Theatre to play them, which is no longer supported either. As I watch them less and less these days I may just rip them all to MKV so I can watch them with Plex or Kodi around the house

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom