1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play.. following Future Ent's lead ?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Bloyd, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Bloyd

Bloyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting one this. I ordered a R2 box set from Play which had a release date of 30/12/02, they obviously had some early stock as it was despatched on 19/12.

The item was sent Rec Delivery and was signed for at my address on 27/12/02, which is strange as there was no one there until this morning!

I was on to Play like a shot, who insisted that it was now my responsiblity to contact Royal Mail direct & pay them £2.20 to find out who had signed for it. I put the 'phone down in disgust.

Once calmer, I called them back to explain that I wasn't prepared to do this as I considered it was the supplier's duty to investigate, not to mention that the forged signature of someone would be about as much use to me as the £27 recompensation fee (the box set is worth £40). On mentioning Trading Standards a replacement was quickly organised.

Bloyd

2. nutcase_1uk

nutcase_1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Perhaps your postie signed 'on your behalf' and left it behind a bush or something? Then went walkies. My postie has an annoying habit of signing for stuff on my behalf, despite the sorting office being only about a mile away. My Xmas card had a nice polite note in it!

3. The Nightfly

The Nightfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I had an envelope from play delivered to the wrong house. The person who signed for it didn't realise it was the wrong address until later and then, rather honestly, brought it round for me.

By a huge coincidence (or not) it was delivered to some one else who regularly receives deliveries from Play which is why they didn't question it at first.

Allan

4. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Ive had other peoples DVDs from play come to me, which i then gave them myself. I dont think play are going the way of future ent, as i had 2 dvds not arrive they sent out replacements got one not the other so they refunded me straight away.

5. Bloyd

Bloyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Things are looking quite suspect now, not only has the Play parcel been signed for, but I've not received discs from Movietyme, Amazon and even another forum member whose track record has been impeccable! All of which were sent out around Dec 20 & amount to nearly £90 of goods.

Does the Post Office really expect me to pay another £5.00 to find out the fake signature of the Ba*****d who has signed for these?:mad:

Bloyd

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like you should swap houses with him - life would be easier! :p

7. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I have had the same problem as well.

The post office cured this for me, by sacking the post man, it turned out he had been taking mine and many other peoples parcels, stashing them somewhere, and collecting them later.

Which was nice.

8. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the post office take on many temporary staff over christmas

you might have been assigned a temp over the christmas period

a less honest one than your normal one

9. Bloyd

Bloyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bobbles, you're possibly right about the temp, I seem to remember my "normal" postie (who is an absolute diamond - sometimes forgets Customs charges & is treated to the occasional bottle of single malt for doing so) mentioning that people can literally walk in off the street, become postman for 48 hours & are trusted to deliver all our Xmas prezzies.

No wonder Consignia / Royal Mail whatever are losing a million a day....

Bloyd